ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚 | ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥

I don't think you'll like this... 🙃

"How're you feeling?" Hoseok asked, holding a small bouquet of white roses in his hand.

"Better, now that you're here," Yoongi smiled at him, accepting the flowers Hoseok gave him. "Thank you."

"It's nothing, really," Hoseok shrugged it off.

"I mean it though. I wouldn't be able to do this without you."

Hoseok felt a warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest. A small smile appeared on his face, and he sat down next to Yoongi on the bench at the park.

"You're amazing," Yoongi suddenly blurted, catching Hoseok by surprise. "You're so kind, gentle, caring, optimistic, and hopeful."

Hoseok tried to keep the smile on his face, though it faltered a bit. "That's only the Hoseok I show you. The real me isn't like that at all."

"You don't have to hide your true self in front of me, Hoseok." Yoongi scooted closer to him. "Because to me, you're still Hoseok."

He shrugged, "I'm not as optimistic and hopeful as you think, Yoongi." he confessed. "I get sad and depressed sometimes. Well, actually a lot of times. I look more at the ground rather than the sky. I throw a smiling mask over my true self so others don't have to worry about me."

"You're human," Yoongi placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're not perfect. No one is. You've got flaws like everyone else. And it's natural for you to not want others to worry about you, but if you keep worrying about what others think, you'll stop worrying about yourself. Then who's there to take care of you?"

Hoseok stayed silent.

"I-I like you," Yoongi finally confessed, looking down at the floor while his body was awkwardly turned to face Hoseok. "I have for a while now. Your friends told me that you're against dating, but I just wanted you to-"

"No," Hoseok shook his head. He stood up from his seat in an abrupt manner. "You can't. You can't like me. It's impossible."

"What?" Yoongi stood up also. "How could you say it's impossible. It's my feelings! I know how I feel-"

"I know it's your feelings," he interrupted Yoongi once again. "But I know how things will turn out in the end. How we will turn out."

"What are you saying?" Yoongi shook his head, confused by Hoseok's behavior. He seemed scared, fearful, insecure, defensive. "You can never know that future."

"It's fate Yoongi!" he blurted out. "We aren't destined to be together."

"Here you go again, talking about destiny," Yoongi stated in disbelief.

"Well I'm done talking," Hoseok turned around. "I'm gonna go home..."

He left Yoongi at the park bench, walking to his car. Yoongi was left, shocked. He confessed to Hoseok, but they ended up arguing at each other. Then he left, frustrated.

Did I just get rejected? He asked himself.

Holy shit.

I just got rejected.

Hoseok just sat in his car for a few minutes. He didn't even know he was crying until his vision went blurry.

"Fuck!" he groaned, slamming his head on the wheel. "I'm hopeless."

He stayed like that, until he heard a knock on his window coming from the passenger side. He jumped. When he turned to the right, he saw a woman with black hair. She was as pretty as Aphrodite. Her eyes were confident, and somewhat dominant. Like she was the boss.

"Hey buddy," she called out. "You good?"

Hoseok nodded. "I'm fine."

"I'm Irene by the way," she introduced herself. "I saw that little situation at the park. Not to be rude or anything, but you were a complete douche."

"Oh," he let out a humorless laugh. "You could never understand."

"Whatever," she brushed it off. "What's your name?"

"Hoseok."

"Hoseok what?"

"Jung."

She smirked, "Nice to meet you, Jung Hoseok."

Not long after Hoseok left, it started raining. How ironic...

Yoongi stayed in his seat at the park, not even having the energy to get out of there. He felt like a rock, stuck in place. Not being able to move. Just there.

It continued pouring down at him, and he'd gotten used to the feeling of rain. That was until he felt the rain stop hitting his body. When he looked up, he saw a charismatic looking male standing over him holding a black umbrella.

He smiled down at Yoongi. "Hi there. How long do you plan to be sitting in the rain?"

Yoongi just sat there. "As long as it takes to recharge my energy."

"You're funny," he laughed. "I'm Jay."

Yoongi looked at him, "Yoongi."

"My place isn't that far. Let's get you there to dry off. You can even take a shower if you want," he suggested.

Normally, Yoongi would say "hell no." But honestly, he just felt like he didn't care anymore. He felt so low, that he didn't even care about himself. His safety.

And here he was, going home with a stranger he has just met. Sirens went off in his head, but he didn't listen. He just wanted to feel better.

"How's the soup?" asked Jin. "My famous comfort soup."

"Comfort soup, huh?" Jimin asked. "Well it's doing the job."

"Good to know," Jin took a seat across from him. "Have you talked to Jungkook at all?"

He shook his head. "I thought I should give him some space."

"Safe move."

"I just can't help but think we never took our relationship seriously," Jimin shook his head, reflecting on their relationship.

"What makes you say that?"

"We were to afraid to act like a real couple."

"The thing is, relationships only work if both parties are putting in the same effort," Jin explained. "That's what keep relationships strong. And that goes for friendship as well."

Jimin looked at Jin, smiling at him. "I'm glad to have a friend like you. You always know how to make me feel better, you take care of me, make me laugh, and give me the best advice."

"You're giving me too much credit," Jin blushed a bit. "But thanks."

"You know what? This week I want to spend with you," Jimin proposed. "Keep my mind off the breakup, I wanna have fun."

"Yeah, I like the sound of that."

Author note:
Next chapter will be a time skip 5 months later. Hold on to your wigs y'all, I got mine.