32

"We're on in five. Take your places everyone," a stagehand said amid the chaos backstage.

Producers, cameramen, stylists, and the team from Big Hit scrambled to get Jungkook, Jimin, and Yeonjun ready for the big interview. Lights were adjusted to the perfect level while cameras were angled around the studio. A constant diluge of conversations overlapped, creating  a rather frantic environment.

Amongst the craziness, Namjoon spoke to his mentee, encouraging Yeonjun with soft and kind words. Yoongi was prepping Jimin, a hand on the younger's shoulder to stop the boy from pacing back and forth.

And Taehyung, standing off to the side with Jungkook, fought every urge to kiss his boyfriend full on for good luck.

"You'll be amazing, Kook," he said. "Just be yourself. And if they ask anything you're not comfortable with, it's okay to deflect. You don't owe them anything."

Jungkook smiled at him. "I'll try to remember that."

When no one was paying them any particular attention, Taehyung intertwined his fingers with the younger's. He squeezed, silently sending reassurance.

"Go get them," he murmured. "Show them what you've got."

Jungkook winked before heading to his spot on the stage, joining Yeonjun who'd just been sent there by Namjoon.

Taehyung walked closer to the filming area, stopping just short of Yoongi and Jimin. He heard his producer speaking in an uncharacteristically gentle tone and subtly shifted closer to eavesdrop.

"Jimin, listen to me. You are ready for this. You've worked hard and improved so much. Anyone could see how talented you are. So don't put this pressure on yourself, okay?"

"But what if I mess up? What if my voice cracks or I forget a move?" Jimin asked, wildly looking around at the camera setups.

The producer put his other hand on his shoulder. "Don't think like that."

Jimin shook his head, unable to accept his advice. "But Suga -"

"Yoongi," the producer corrected, speaking softly but with great emphasis. "Call me Yoongi."

"But you said to never call you that," Jimin defended, finally looking at the slim male in front of him.

Yoongi sighed. "Nevermind that. You call me Yoongi, yeah?"

Jimin nodded his head.

"I'll be right here, Jimin. If you get nervous, just look at me."

Yoongi let go of his mentee and nodded his head toward the stage. Jimin sent him one last fleeting look before going to his seat next to Jungkook.

"That was cute," Taehyung laughed, watching as his producer followed Jimin with his eyes. "You didn't let me call you by Yoongi for two whole years."

"And I'll revoke that right if you keep yammering away," Yoongi declared, not removing his attention from his mentee.

Taehyung bit his lip in amusement. The last time he'd seen Yoongi act like this was when he first started dating Hoseok. The producer wasn't known to be an affectionate or tender man. Usually, he'd exhibit this silent intensity that intimated people from getting too close to him. But with those he cared for, he'd show an unexpected sweet side that still managed to surprise Taehyung.

"Shut up," Yoongi muttered to him.

Taehyung rose his eyebrows. "I didn't say anything."

"Yeah, well, I could tell you were thinking it."