15

Taehyung entered his apartment with a huff, unable to calm his raging mind. He couldn't get the image of the stranger touching Jungkook out of his head. He couldn't stop wishing that it was him who could be touching Jungkook.

A war was waging inside of his heart. Half of him so desperately wanted to feel nothing for Jungkook, for the person who hurt him years past. But the other half yearned for him so much that it was a physical challenge not to reach out and go to the younger.

"So . . . what was that all about?" Jungkook asked from behind him, closing the front door and nearing where Taehyung stood in the living room.

"That guy was flirting with you," Taehyung responded, trying to keep his voice level and uninterested. But it was obvious. Clearly he was interested.

"No shit," Jungkook let out, an incredulous note to his voice. "And I was flirting back."

Taehyung scoffed. "What business does a straight guy like you have flirting with a dude?"

"I'm not straight."

The elder whipped his head towards Jungkook. Surely he was lying. After all, Jungkook had been repulsed by Taehyung when he confessed his feelings for him. He had said his love for him was vile. Taehyung always thought the reason Jungkook said those things was because he was homophobic. If that wasn't true . . .

Was Jungkook just repulsed by him?

"I sincerely doubt that," Taehyung said at last, scanning over Jungkook from head to toe.

The younger swallowed at the blatant appraisal. "I'm bi. Always have been."

"Always have been," Taehyung repeated, muttering to himself. He inched closer to Jungkook as he asked, "Have you ever dated a man?"

"No," Jungkook said, redness tinting his cheeks.

"Fucked a man?" Taehyung continued, knowing he was out of line but unable to stop. "Been fucked by a man?"

It seemed impossible, but Jungkook's face grew even more red. "No."

Taehyung took another step forward, now half a foot away from the boy. "Then how do you know you like boys if you've never done anything with them?"

Jungkook sighed. "I just know! Just as you know you don't like girls."

"Well, then. If you say so."

"Fuck, you're so annoying!" Jungkook groaned, looking at him with wild eyes. "And yeah, I do say so."

"What do you - "

Taehyung was cut off as Jungkook gripped the back of his neck and pulled their mouths together.

He gasped against Jungkook's lips, not anticipating the kiss. The younger's mouth molded against his own, a hand resting surely on his waist.

Taehyung closed his eyes, momentarily forgetting all the pain Jungkook caused him. It felt too good, too surreal, to finally be able to kiss the one person he ever loved.

He broke away after a couple of moments, taking a small step back to look at Jungkook. The younger's pupils were blown out and his lips were wet.

Taehyung already felt sadness and longing and heartbreak washing over him. There was nothing he could do to prevent that. So, if those feelings were inevitable, he might as well make the pain count.

He fell back into Jungkook's embrace too easily, his arms wrapping around his neck as Jungkook's circled his waist. Their mouths clashed passionately, their mutual attraction for each other acting as fuel. Taehyung gasped again as one of Jungkook's hands roamed lower, resting right on top of his ass. Jungkook used that as an opportunity to thrust his tongue into Taehyung's mouth, wildly tangling their tongues together.

This was going to be bad. This was going to hurt more than Taehyung could imagine. But he couldn't stop. Not when it was Jungkook.

Every rational thought evaporated, every painful stab in his heart faded to a dull ache. And he only thought of Jungkook. Taehyung poured all of his repressed feelings for the boy into the kiss.

Taehyung wondered if Jungkook could feel how much he was loved.

Jungkook pulled back, breathing heavily and moving his mouth to Taehyung's neck. Soft kisses were planted just below his ear, trailing down to the elder's collarbone. Taehyung threw his head back, silently pleading for more. The younger obliged, slowly sucking on his neck with enough force to leave marks.

"Jungkook . . . " Taehyung moaned, his eyes starting to moisten and burn with unshed tears.

The sound charged right through Jungkook as he continued his assault on V's neck. Jungkook gripped V tighter to his body, feeling the artist's arousal press against his own.

How did this happen? Who was he to be making out with V, the most attractive man he'd ever seen? But more importantly, why did he wish V was someone else entirely?

He groaned, removing his mouth from V's neck and reconnecting their lips. This time, V's tongue plunged into his mouth, tasting every part of Jungkook. The younger moaned, bucking his hips against V's.

"V . . . fuck, V . . . " He panted against the elder's mouth. He didn't know what V stood for, but in that moment he thought vice would be an appropriate word.

Jungkook slid his hand down V's chest, a little nervous but knowing full well he wanted this.

He wanted V.

His hand grazed over the artist's arousal as he repeated his name again. "V . . ."

V suddenly yanked Jungkook's hand away and took three huge steps back. An unexplainable look covered the artist's face - a cross between lust and disgust. His eyes were shining.

"There, did you get it all out of your system?" V said lowly.

Jungkook tried to catch his breath. "I don't understand."

V wasn't listening to him though. "Now you can tell all your friends you kissed V. That will make you very popular, I'm sure."

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked, taking a tiny step closer to the artist. "I didn't kiss you to prove a point or to get bragging rights. I kissed you because I'm attracted to you, V."

A dark smile twisted on V's lips. "You're only attracted to me because I'm V. You only want me because I'm V."

Jungkook didn't understand where this was coming from. He didn't know V well enough to assure him that his attraction wasn't because of his celebrity status. He had seen a different side of the artist over the last week and it made him eager to learn more.

It was evident that there were many hidden layers to V and Jungkook wanted to get to see who the boy really was.

"I want to know you," Jungkook said earnestly. "We can start small. Let me call you by your real name."

That appeared to be the wrong thing to say, Jungkook realized, as V's fists clenched at his sides.

"Can you not see me?" V breathed. "Can you not see past the hair and the eyes and the clothes?"

Jungkook took another step closer. "Of course I can, V. I can see you."

But V shook his head. "No, you can't."

He turned his back on Jungkook and headed for his bedroom, slamming the door closed when he got there.

Jungkook sank down onto a couch and buried his head in his hands.

Why did he always have to screw everything up?

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

V A L E N W R I T I N G

😭😭😭 pretty much sums up my emotions right now haha.