14

"I'm going to kill you," Jungkook muttered to Jin. "I invited V to his own gathering thanks to your lack of information."

The rest of the dinner with Jin's mother went well, but Jungkook had found it difficult to keep his eyes off of V. After speaking with Jin's mother and learning a little more about the elusive artist, he was just so curious. There was a growing need for him to know as much as possible about V and it flustered him.

Jungkook hadn't felt this way in a long time.

At the conclusion of the dinner, the three boys bid goodbye to Jin's mother and left for the club. When they pulled up, a bouncer escorted them inside and to a sectioned off VIP area. RM, Suga, and J-Hope were already seated there.

"I told you I was meeting friends," Jin replied with a shrug of his shoulders. 

Jungkook felt tense as he scanned over the industry professionals. The same ones that could effectively make or break his entire career. "Yeah, you just didn't mention they weren't exactly your friends."

Jin wrapped an arm around his shoulder, watching as V plopped himself down onto a velvet couch. "After tonight, I'm sure we will all be friends. So just relax."

The elder took a seat next to RM, who appeared startled to see him. Jungkook surveyed the seating arrangements and gulped as he found the only free space to be right next to V. Awkwardly, he lowered himself onto the plush couch, keeping his back as straight as possible. 

He needed a drink.

Luckily, a server came over to take the group's orders, saving Jungkook from trying to make idle small talk. He instead let his gaze shift around the club, taking in the lavishly dressed patrons and flashing lights coming from the dance floor. A familiar mess of pink hair caught his attention.

"Jimin?" He said to himself, watching as his friend danced to the blaring music. There was a group of onlookers surrounding him, cheering as he moved to the beat of the song. 

Jungkook didn't realize the rest of the group was now looking in Jimin's direction as well.

"Isn't that your mentee, Yoongi?" J-Hope asked, nudging the slender male next to him. "He's got some serious flow."

Suga observed Jimin with a bored expression. "He's good, I'll give it to him. But not as good as you."

J-Hope beamed. "I'm going to challenge your little mentee to a dance off." 

The choreographer abandoned them with a wave, falling into step with Jimin when he approached the younger.

"Better watch out, Yoongi," RM started, "I saw that look on Hoseok's face."

"He can flirt with whoever he wants, so long as we decide together who we date," Suga responded, watching the pair dance. "Doesn't matter anyway. Jimin is my mentee. I'm not touching that."

Their drinks arrived then, the server handing out everyone's order. Jungkook quirked an eyebrow as V was given an alcohol-free soda. It wasn't missed by the artist.

"I don't drink," V told him, the club's lights making his hair appear a deeper shade of blue. 

Jungkook nodded, saying nothing else as he reached for his wallet.

"I got it," V said to him. He turned his head to the server. "Put everything on my tab."

"Thank you," Jungkook said, lowering his head slightly. He peered up at V through his lashes. "For everything you've done the last couple of weeks."

V licked his bottom lip, a sight that made Jungkook flush immediately. He stared at the artist's mouth, at the red lip balm smeared across his lips. Did they taste like cherry or strawberry?

"Neither," V said. "Watermelon." 

Jungkook's eyes widened. Did he really ask that question out loud? "I'm going to say hello to Jimin." He walked as fast as humanly possible to the dance floor.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook's back as he watched him leave, his own cheeks feeling warm. The younger was staring at his mouth. He had mumbled cherry or strawberry while staring at his mouth. In that moment, Taehyung wished he was the playboy the world assumed he was. He wanted nothing more than to dare Jungkook to find out for himself what his mouth tasted like. 

But that wasn't him.

A conversation striking up between Jin and Namjoon temporarily distracted him from thoughts of Jungkook.

"I'm not normally a fan of blonde hair," Jin said to Namjoon, "but for you, I'll make an exception."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, not bothering to look at the elder.

Jin smirked. "It's okay if you can't face me full on. I know my handsomeness is intimidating to some people."

At that, Namjoon did turn to study him. "You are just so sure of yourself, aren't you?"

"I'm relentless, too," Jin added. 

"Do you come with an off switch?" Namjoon asked, burying his face in his hands.

"Yes. Ask me out and it will all stop. Promise."

Taehyung laughed at how bold Jin was being, the sound causing his producer to lift his head.

"This is your fault, you know," Namjoon huffed at Taehyung. "You're the one who invited him."

"You're welcome," he replied, throwing a wink Namjoon's way.

Jin continued his playful assault on Namjoon, annoying him until he finally gave in. Namjoon thrust his phone in the elder's face, who happily took it to enter his number.

Idly, Taehyung searched for Jungkook on the dance floor. He wasn't with Jimin and Hoseok anymore. Instead, the younger was talking to a handsome male who was looking hungrily back at him. Taehyung inhaled sharply, his fists clenching in his lap. He watched as the unknown male touched Jungkook's arm teasingly. 

Taehyung was out of his seat in seconds. "Namjoon, give Jin a ride home," he ordered without looking back to see if the elder accepted his demand.

His heart slammed in his chest as he approached the dance floor, bystanders moving out of his way as he barricaded through. Whispers and eyes followed him but he didn't care about them. 

He only cared about one thing.

Jungkook saw him approaching and gave him a baffled look. "Hey, V - "

"Come on," Taehyung said, grabbing Jungkook's arm. "We're going home."

The unknown male raised his eyebrows, looking between him and Jungkook. Taehyung let him assume whatever he was thinking, as long as it would get Jungkook away from his lewd stares.

The younger's mouth hung open as Taehyung started tugging him forward. "But - "

"Home, Jungkook," Taehyung responded firmly, his grip tightening on Jungkook's arm.

"Hey, V . . . " The male drawled, eyes still locked on Jungkook. "Uh, can I get a picture?" 

"No." 

Taehyung stalked out of the club with a stunned Jungkook in tow. It felt like everyone in the club turned to watch them go, mouths gaping, but Taehyung didn't care what they thought. They could think he was sleazy and incorrigible. They could think he was just being the same old V, bringing yet another person home.

It didn't matter.

All that mattered was getting the hell out of here and taking his Jungkook with him.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

V A L E N W R I T I N G

Double update today, let's goooo!

What do you guys think so far about this story? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 💜