Twenty-Nine.

I sat back down at the table and listened to the people around me converse about different things; things that I found absolutely boring. I wondered how they could make a conversation about grocery stores and global warming. They also discussed how much money they had and how busy their lives were.

It annoyed me after a few minutes so I resulted to tuning them out.

Five minutes later, Chresanto came back and sat down next to Avery. I could feel his eyes on me, but only for a quick second so I didn't acknowledge it.

I actually tried eavesdropping on their conversation, but they were talking at a volume barely above a whisper.

The manager of the team stood up with his wine glass. It was abnormally bigger than all the rest of ours. I sensed he thought that he was much better than everyone else and he was higher in power, so he had to show it.

"Good evening everyone, I hope I'm not interrupting any good conversations." He smiled. "I just wanted to say how proud I am of this team on gaining their first win tonight, the first of many I'm sure."

Everyone said their little comments and some even clapped.

"The Knicks organization is even more proud of you. You guys played great tonight and we all hope to see a championship this year, right?"

People nodded and gave their responses. I just sat their, watching and observing everything going on around me.

I turned to see Chresanto whispering in Avery's ear. It had to be something good because she was smiling and giggling uncontrollably; or maybe it was anything good at all, she could possibly just be giggling at his attractiveness.

I know that I'd giggle at anything someone as cute as Chresanto said. Attractive wasn't even the word, honestly, Chresanto was a sex god.

Avery caught me staring and smiled, giving me a thumbs up. I gave a half smile back and turned my attention back to the speaker. This was so uninteresting.

I was ready to leave. Mainly because U was tired of seeing Avery and Chresanto all lovey-dovey over there on the opposite side of the room.

Chresanto wasnt going to make my choice easy for me at all.

The guy finished talking and the waitress came over to take everyone's order.

"I cannot wait for this night to be over," I breathed out.

My phone vibrated in my purse signifying that I had received a text. I grabbed my phone and put it under the table so no one would see that I was on it. An unknown number popped up on the screen and come to find out, it was Chresanto.

He asked if I was alright because I looked like something was bothering me. Why does he care anyway, doesn't he have Avery? When did he make any time to look at my facial expression in the first place.

I rolled my eyes at the text and responded, making sure he could hint the attitude in my words.

I'm guessing he got the text because he looked up at me with a raised brow; mouthing, "what's up with you".

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back down at my phone. His expression changed to one of worry and sadness, so I felt a little bad. But the feeling of envy overtook any sympathy I had felt for him.

I recieved another text from Chresanto and I rolled my eyes, this guy is damn near relentless I swear.

"Can I take you somewhere to eat tomorrow? Please.", I read to myself but low enough that only I could hear.

I sent back a simple "sure" and put my phone away in my purse because I could see the waitress coming with our food. It was actually several people bringing the food out because there was too much for one person to carry.

The food looked amazing and people had ordered things that I had only heard of in the movies and on reality TV shows. Other than that, this food looked way too expensive for anything I could ever afford. Jarod told me to get whatever I liked so that's what I did.

It made Avery seem a little pushy because she was all in Chresanto's face and he was simply eating his food. He was occasionally chuckle at something she said, but other than that he looked uninterested.

While in the bathroom, when he asked if he should try it with Avery again, he had a look on his face. It was a look I couldn't describe but I had a feeling he expected me to say no.

I thought about it but decided to let him be happy, if that's what he wanted. It would be selfish of me to say no when I was in a relationship myself. It wasn't really a relationship, but I was still with someone. I lived with the man for goodness sake.

An hour or so had passed and everyone was done with their food. Some people had left, but most of us were all still here. I don't even know why I was, I was ready to go hours ago.

Jarod stood up, "Alright players. Our next game is a week and a half from today, so we're going to be practicing hard. Next practice is day after tomorrow and we'll go on from there. Come Tuesday ready to play! Good job tonight boys, you can go home now."

Everyone began to get up and walk towards the door. I went towards Avery and Chresanto to see them talking. I stood to the side to let them finish.

I decided not to listen in so I wouldn't look like I was interested in what they were talking about, when I really was.

They finished off the conversation with a hug and she turned to me. She was smiling wider than China and it pissed me off. How dare she just waltz up to New York and think she can just take Chresanto- wait, what the hell am I even saying? I don't like him.

We walked outside and got into my car. I knew I was about to hear an earful of stuff about him.