Two.

We stood on the corner in front of Mr.Gonzales' store. This was a regular thing for us because there was really no where else to chill; everything costed money, and that's something that we didn't have much of. And since that was the case, we chilled on this corner pretty much everyday.

I looked around at the people walking in and out of the store, and the motionless bodies laying next to the store. No, they weren't dead; but like I said, this is out chill spot. That's how we chilled around here.

Me, I stood on the corner hoping I another customer would pull up. I was pretty bored and there was nothing that I had in mind to do. It was pretty quiet right now and that was no surprise, it was only 8.

"Chanel?"

I turned the opposite way to see who was calling me. I smiled and waved, realizing who it was. Christopher.

"Oh, hi Chris. What brought you out here?"

"I was in the mood for some snacks, needed to somewhere close so here I am." He smiled showing his beautiful white teeth.

Christopher is a long time friend I've known since preschool, and he has had a crush on me since 6th grade. I always looked at Chris like a brother and never really wanted a relationship, from anyone really. He flirts with me from time to time and is constantly throwing hints at me, but I just brush them off.

"That's nice, how has your mom been?"

He looked down and played with his fingers, "seems like she's getting worse."

That really did break my heart, Chris' mom was like a mom to me and it hurt to know that she wasn't getting better. She has stage 5 cancer and it's really showing. She isn't the same vibrant woman she was before, but she still smiles and tries to make the best out of her situations. Chris had his own apartment, but he moved out and back in with his mom after she got sick.

"What have the doctors been saying?"

"They said it's spreading more, and the therapy isn't working as they thought it would."

I nodded, "I'm really sorry Chris. I know how close you and your mom are."

"She's been asking about you though, she misses you Nel." Nel is the nickname he have me in 3rd grade, he's been calling me that ever since.

"Well, I cou-" I was cut off my Brianna walking up to us, being loud as usual.

Brianna is another best friend of mine, we've been friends just as long as Chris and I have been friends. The three amigos in school, we did and went everywhere together.

"Hey Chris and Nel! What you guys up to?" Brianna said hugging Chris and I.

"Nothing really, just talking about life and what not." I said hugging her back.

Brianna was about 5'6 with a really nice mocha skin color. She has always been hyper and sweet, but if you set her off she isn't afraid to give you a beat down. In school, she was always getting into fights with other girls. Most of them involving Bianca.

Oh, Bianca, our worst enemy in high school and now even. It's funny because Bianca and I were friends at first, until she got mad that her boyfriend started having a crush on me. I can't even remember the dude's name, but whatever. We got into our occasional fights during school years too.

I snapped out of my thoughts to see Chris and Brianna deep in conversation. They were talking about Chris' mom also.

"We should really come and see her, right Nel?" She suggested nudging me in the lower stomach.

"Yeah, I was actually going to suggest us coming over."

He nodded and smiled a little.

Christopher stood at an enormous 6'7 with a dark chocolate skin tone. All through high school he got that he looked like Lance Gross, and he really does. He's in college now and plays basketball for UCLA. He's amazing at it and I know for sure someone is going to ask

him to play professional and I can't wait until that day comes because he doesn't think it ever will.

Brianna smiled and suggested something else, "Chris when is your next game?"

"This Saturday actually, why?"

"Nel and I are going to come out to see you play," she smiled.

"That's a good idea! I've been wanting to see Chrissy Pooh in action, haven't seen you play since you were in high school!" I cheered a little and nudged him in the arm.

He smiled and nodded, "Okay, but that means I'm going to have to play my best."

"Don't you always?" I smiled.

He popped his imaginary collar and did a little spin, tripping over his feet. We all started laughing hysterically.

"I cannot deal with y'all man," Brianna said in between laughs.

By now, the street lights were coming on and I realized that I wasn't getting a customer any time soon. I said by to Chris and Bri, hopping in my car and driving home.