Twenty-Five.

"That was good," I said after the five minutes of us just staring into space. "Probably the best we've ever had."

He nodded and continued staring off into the front seat, through the windshield I'm sure. If you look out of the window, you simply see nothing but buildings. It was just buildings to some, but it was gorgeous to me. I was simply fascinated with New York.

"I can't believe that this doesn't change anything, we just had meaningless sex." He blankly stated.

"I wouldn't call it meaningless Ben, it was great. I'm definitely going to remember that for a while, this is like our parting gift to one another." I smiled, but he didn't return the gesture.

After about five minutes, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He still hadn't moved from the position he was in and it started to creep me out a little. I felt this was the perfect time to exit out of the vehicle and surprisingly, he didn't stop me again.

I had expected him to say something but I was a little relieved that he hadn't, I didn't need anymore of these conversations with him.

.

I walked in and dropped my keys onto the countertop. I heard the television and footsteps upstairs meaning that they had to be home.

The entire house was a mess and I know that Jarod would be expecting me to clean all of it up. Like I was the maid, which is what he saw me as because I didn't work anywhere. (Another reason why I wanted to find a job, something to keep me busy.)

I crept up the stairs to check on Aubree because usually she would be making the most noise, clanging and banging her toys all over other things. She was getting so big now and one tooth was beginning to peek out from the bottom row.

When I got to her room I found her asleep in her crib. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth because I was only thinking the worst. I thought that Jarod would fall asleep on her or something like that.

I felt a presence behind me and it could only be one person.

"Where have you been Chanel?"

"I went out for a drive, why?" I irritatedly answered. He was starting to get on my nerves by just talking to me.

"Cause you up and left, not telling no one where you went. You left Aubrey here, too."

"So now it's a problem for me to leave her with you? And I'm a grown ass woman, I can do what I want." I huffed and walked away, him trailing close behind me.

"Who the hell you talking to and where did this attitude come from?"

I tried to ignore him, but he was all in my face so it was hard to.

"I'm talking to you. My attitude came five minutes ago when you started talking to me."

The next thing that happened surprised me, a lot. He pushed me up against the wall aggressively, making my back slam against the hard cement. It kind of hurt but I wasn't focused on the pain, I was still in shock.

He put his forearm on my throat and added just a little pressure. His face a few centimeters from mine, I could smell the mint on his breath. No hint of alcohol or drugs, so he wasn't high or drunk.

"You don't get no damn attitude with me. I asked where you were and I expect you to tell me where the hell you were at. I don't hit women but you were bout this close to getting a smack across your face. You tell me where you're going every time you leave and what time you plan on being back. Got it?" He asked.

I didn't answer, so he added a little more pressure to my throat.

"I said 'got it?'"

I nodded and rolled my eyes. He releases his arm from my neck and started walking out of the room.

Before he disappeared down the hall, he turned around to say one more thing. "Oh, our first game is tomorrow and I expect you to be there. Wear something that has either New York colors or actually says the team name. Thanks."

He came back, kissed my cheek and left.

I hadn't even realized that the baby was crying. Had she been crying the entire time? She probably woke up when Jarod slammed me against the wall. The thud was pretty loud, my back hurts and I'm probably gonna bruise.

I should've punched his ass dead in the face, but then things would have been worse for me.

Jarod always had a bad temper problem, but it seems as if it had gotten worse since high school. I was super surprised that I didn't smell weed on his breath cause he smoked it in school with his friends. That usually triggered his anger.

He had never put his hands on me before, though. That's why it surprised me so much when he did that.

I made it to Aubrey's room and her crying had subsided. She was standing straight up in her crib with her support being the railing.

My phone started ringing and I looked to see Avery's name. I smiled because I missed her and she was thinking about me enough to call.

"What's up Ave?"

"Chanel, oh my goodness! I miss you down here. I have so much to tell you," she squealed.

"I have an idea. Tomorrow is the first game and," I looked at the time, "I can get you a flight up here and have you here hours before the game. Probably around 8 in the morning."

"I couldn't ask you to pay for my flight," she replied.

"No, it's fine. I have everything. You just text me when you get in New York and I'll pick you up from the airport."

"That sounds perfect!"

I smiled, "Great. Then we could go shopping and everything before the game."