Thirty-Seven.

I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had in my life. I knew I shouldn't have drank that much alcohol but I didn't know what else to do. I guess you could say I was trying to
drown my feelings a little bit and alcohol was the only way I could go about it.

I finally sat up in a bed that I thought was mine, but it wasn't. I had never seen this bed before and I started to get worried. Did I sleep with someone last night? I should've went home with Jarod and Avery.

"Where the hell am I?" I mumbled to myself.

I threw my legs across the side of the bed and walked through the bedroom I was in. Whoever's house this was had to be caked with money because this looked like it costed a lot.

The interior designs were made of things that I had only seen in the windows of stores I never went in.

I walked out of the bedroom to be met by a breeze hitting my legs. I looked down and saw that I had only a big t-shirt on. What the hell did I do last night? Someone has some explaining to do.

The stairs were a beautiful polished wood, much nice than the ones at my own apartment; but they spiraled like the one I had. This place was nice as shit, this person is definitely living it up.

I had got to the bottom of the stairs when the aroma of breakfast hit my nose. My stomach began to grumble at the smell of it. Maybe I was just a tad bit on the hungry side.

I walked around searching for the kitchen and when I found it my face dropped. I had a feeling that this house belonged to Chresanto.

"Good, you're awake. My cook made you some breakfast," he said.

I still stood there in my place. "What am I doing here? Was I that wasted last night or what?"

He nodded, "you were pretty bad. I looked for Jarod, but he was nowhere to be found so I took you home with me. Of course Brianna got mad, but she flew back home early this morning."

"Wow, did we- you know.."

"No we didn't, but you're lucky I'm a good guy because any other guy would have gave it the way you were acting." He chuckled, "you were throwing yourself all over me and taking your clothes off. Then you just passed out, so I slipped one of my shirts on you."

He really did all of that for me. I guess he isn't as bad of a guy as I try to make him out to be. He's actually the best guy I've ever came across in my life. No matter how much of an ass I am to him, he still manages to be sweet to me. And he's right, no other guy would have turned me down; especially since I was so wasted.

My cheeks flushed red from embarrassment, "thanks."

"It was no problem," he smiled. "You should eat your breakfast before it gets cold."

I sat down at the table and began eating. "So I guess you and Brianna are back together,eh?"

"Oh no, no. She wanted to be my date for the show and since I had no one else at such short notice, I accepted." He paused and continued, "then she started getting ideas that we would get back together, had to shut that down."

We both laughed.

"She got mad when I wanted to take you to my place and we argued." He finished.

So, that's why their voices were the last two I heard before I blacked out.

"Well thank you again. I was so out of it last night; one minute I was dancing on someone and the next I was passed out on the couch. I hardly remember anything," I explained.

"So you don't remember when you said you liked me?"

My eyes widened, "what? I never said that to you." Did I?

"You actually did, outside of the bathroom. I mean you were drunk but you know what they say: 'Drunk minds speak sober thoughts'." He shrugged.

I was speechless, I do remember talking to him outside of the bathroom. But, I do not remember saying that. I mean, maybe I did, I don't know.

"So do you like me?" He asked.

I pretended like I didn't hear him and continued to eat my breakfast. I even started humming to myself.

He sat down and scooted extra close to me. A little too close for comfort, but for some reason, I was comfortable. He gently grabbed my chin, making me look into his eyes.

"You know," he paused, "the eyes are the windows to the soul. I can see right through you."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked. Why was I so nervous with him?

"I know you like me and you know I like you. I've been liking you ever since I saw you with Brianna. You made me ask myself why I was even with her. We connected more and we got close after about a week tops.

"Don't act like you haven't noticed. We always happen to run into each other, even when we're 1000 miles away from where we should be. It isn't a coincidence that I play for a team in New York and that Jarod just so happens to be the coach for that team."

I sighed, he was right. Everything he was saying was true.

"You're right, okay?" I finally said.

A huge smile appeared on his face, "wait, what?"

"You're right, I guess I do like you. I have ever since I saw you at that basketball game, but I tried to hide my feelings because of Brianna. Now I don't give two shits about her," I said.

He got up and got something off of the counter and sat it in front of me, "So I guess this doesn't matter now."

It was the picture taken at the Statue of Liberty, Chresanto and I were kissing. It wasn't on the cover of the magazine but it was on the second page. Chresanto and I did look good together. I smiled to myself.

He sat back down in his chair and grabbed my face, kissing me slow and passionately. This was the best kiss I had ever gotten. It felt so good.

I heard my ringtone a few inches away which made me break the kiss.

"You got my purse?" I asked picking it up off of the counter.

He nodded.

I grabbed my phone out of my purse to see a number that looked familiar, but it wasn't saved to my phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Chanel," it was Christopher. "Look, I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?"

"My mom died this morning."