Twelve.

"So, that's how you got Aubree? And that's why you're keeping her now?" Chresanto looked into my eyes, I was on the verge of tears. I never break down in front of anyone.

Before a tear could slip out, he pulled me into a hug. I buried my face in her shirt and inhaled his sweet scent.

He rubbed my back and whispered, "it's going to be alright Chanel, okay? I'm here for you, I can be your friend."

I sat up and wiped my eyes. "Your shirt is soaked," I sort of chuckled and he joined in shortly afterwards.

"That's fine, I have plenty of plain white shirts." He smiled and wiped a tear that I hadn't noticed was falling.

"Thank you Chresanto, I see why Bri fell for you." I smiled and he returned.

"Call me Chres Chanel, we're friends now remember?" I nodded in agreement.

"So back to what you wanted
to talk to me about," I said filling the awkward silence.

"Oh-- I wanted to talk to you about what I said last night before you ran out of the store." I nodded as he continued to speak, "once again, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that; especially since I'm kind of with your best friend and I wouldn't want you guys' relationship to be ruined because of me."

I sat there for a minute and sighed, "I understand and honestly, I can't forget about the k--"

My phone began ringing, cutting me off. I looked at the caller ID as Shark's name flashed across the screen. "Yes, Shark?"

"Hello to you too Channie," that's a nickname he gave me when I started working there. "Did you get my text this morning, because you sure didn't acknowledge it."

"I know I didn't and yes I
got it, but I can't be--"

"You're not missing another day of work Chanel! You're ass better be here tonight at 10!" He began raising his voice. "You understand? So whatever you got going on you better cancel it and be here."

"Whatever Shark, goodbye." I put the phone down and looked back at Chresanto, who seemed to be trying to figure out what was going on.

"Is everything okay?"

I sighed, "That was my boss, he wants me to come in for work tonight. Of course I can't because I have Aubree here."

He sat back on the couch and thought for a moment, then he sat back up. "I'll keep her for you tonight."

"No, I can't--"

"Trust me, it's fine. Just go
to work and I'll take her with me to my house. Do you have a diaper bag for her or..?" I nodded. "Well," he started looking at his watch, "it's already 8 so we're going to leave so you can get ready."

I got up and went to get all the things I thought she might need for one night, stuffing them into her diaper bag. Then I picked her up and brought her to Chresanto, handing them the bag.

"Thank you so much again," I said hugging him.

"It's really no trouble, I love kids and helping yo--people." I smiled and he returned it, exiting my apartment shortly after.

.

.

My head was hurting terribly as I sat up. I took in my surroundings and realized that I wasn't in my own bed, I wasn't even home.

"What the hell happened to me last night?" I mumbled.

I felt a presence next to me and turned over seeing that it was a man, and someone else at the bottom of the bed. What the hell, Roxy?

Why was she here, why was I naked and who was the other dude? I attempted to turn him over to at least get a look at his face. The mystery man was, Shark?!

"Oh hell no."

I slipped out of bed and scurried around the room to get all my pieces of clothing.

"Did you enjoy yourself last night?" A familiar, yet annoying voice asked.

"I don't even know what the hell happened last night, Roxy. Do you know what happened?"

She laughed, "well as you can tell, we had a threesome."

"I must've been completely out of to sleep with both of you for free," I said still getting my clothes together and putting them on.

She sat up and climbed on top of Shark, kissing his neck. When did this happen? Whatever, I just need to get my ass out of here and fast.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and left the building. I had at least six texts from Brianna:

{ Bri } - Chanel, how have you been? We haven't talked in forever it seems like

{ Bri } - Are you coming to
Chris' house tomorrow?

{ Bri } - Hello?

{ Bri } - I know you have your phone on you at all times, so you have to be ignoring me. Why though?

{ Bri } - Fine then Chanel, be a bitch to me then. Some friend!

I rolled my eyes at her texts. Sure I was ignoring her, but she didn't know the reason. I couldn't talk to her after what happened with Chresanto and I. Especially after the dream I had, even if it wasn't real.

In all honesty, I envied Brianna for one reason only, Chresanto. She got the best guy in the world and I can't even stay in a relationship. I sleep with different guys all the time and get paid for it. I'm a prostitute and a stripper.

I continued to scroll and saw that I had a text from Chres.

{ Chres } - Good morning Chanel, Aubree is doing fine! Just thought you wanted to know, lol!

I smiled and proceeded home. I needed to fix myself up before I go and pick up Aubree. She doesn't need to see me like this, even if this is who I really am. Better yet, I decided to text him and ask if he could just drop her off.

He replied back "yes."

I tried to get home as fast as I
could to beat them there, so they wouldn't know that I had been out all night having a threesome with two people I cannot stand. I probably smelled like sex. In desperate need of shower? Yes.

Fortunately I made it home just in time to shower and grab something to eat.

"So, Chresanto how was it taking care of a baby?"

"Honestly she's a good little girl, she wasn't any trouble at a and she isn't one of those babies that cry all the time." I nodded and smiled. "I really do love babies, so."

"Well thank you again, I'm going to find some daycares for her to go to when I have to work. That way you won't need to watch her anymore--"

"Chanel, I told you I don't mind. I have nothing else to do anyways, honestly. I'm going to be free for the next month, just going to the gym and probably, uh, chilling with Bri." He half smiled and I nodded.

Silence filled the room. Aubree had fallen asleep again.

"How are you and Brianna?"

He looked down and smiled, "We're good."

For some reason I didn't believe him, maybe because he wouldn't look me in the eyes. I shook it off though, I shouldn't get into his relationship business.

"Well, uh, I should get going. I'll see you at Chris' hopefully?" I nodded and opened the door for him.

"Bye Chresanto."

"Bye Chanel."