Twenty-Seven.

"It's gonna be hell finding a parking space for this freaking game." I sighed and drove around the parking lot.

Jarod said he would have one for me but he never texted me so I guess he forgot all about it, whatever.

There were hundreds of people walking in the building and I was still trying to find a parking spot. The game started at 7 and it was now 6:45. I doubted we would even get in the building by 7.

"This is horrible," Avery complained. "There is no way that there is not one parking space somewhere around here."

"I'm about to take one of these handicap spots if we don't find one this time, I don't even care." I said driving around in another circle.

I made another circle around the bunch of cars and not yet have I found a parking place. I'm not good with these type of things so I was getting pissed off and annoyed by the second.

"Handicap here I come," I mumbled.

I pulled in to the nearest handicap spot and exhaled in relief. It's not that big of a deal, I mean, handicap was the only thing open so there can't be that many handicap people coming tonight.

We got out of the car and I grabbed my orange blazer and my bench cushion.

Avery trailed behind me as we walked into the arena. Jarod gave me some type of pass that sat me in court side seats. I told him that Avery would be with me so he gave two passes.

I turned around and handed it to her. "I suppose you just show this to the man at the entrance."

"Your ass don't even know what to do?" She questioned in a playful manner.

I laughed and shook my head. "I ain't never been to one of these before. Well, not a professional one at least. This is a different environment."

"My ex boyfriend brought me to one. Well it was his, he played in college. I'm not sure what he's doing now, haven't talked to him since we broke up." I nodded.

"When did y'all break up?" I questioned.

"About two years ago, he broke up with me. I actually had some real feelings for him, too. He obviously didn't care about my feelings at all," she shrugged. "I'm good now, though."

We made it to the gate and the man asked us for our passes. Avery and I showed them to him in unison and he told us our seat numbers.

There were four minutes left in the first quarter and I had no idea we had missed that much. I spotted Jarod standing up by the benched players, yelling some things I couldn't make out. He looked pretty good in his suit; he was handsome as hell, I'll give him that much.

"Is that Jarod?" Avery asked.

I nodded, "sure is."

"Damn girl, he is fine."

I watched the boys on the court. They had such a look of concentration and determination, it made me wonder what it felt like to be out there on the court. Basketball was the hardest looking sport to me. You had to get a ball into a net from all different angles and distances. It was definitely fun to watch, though.

I continued to scan the faces on the court and my eyes landed on one that I knew all too well. It seemed like he popped up everywhere.

It was the infamous Chresanto.

I had no idea he played for Jarod's team. Isn't that a coincidence?

Then it all began to come back to me. I was late for the draft and missed the entire New York players get drafted and he was at the after party. He brought me home the night before I left for New York because Jarod was being an asshole.

He looked really good. Not that he ever looked bad or was ugly, but it seemed like professional basketball did him some more good. How he could get anymore attractive was a mystery to me.

He had a little stubble on his chin and some peach fuzz on his top lip, it looked really good on him too. He also got more buff; he always had muscles, but now it was like, wow.

I watched him play with the same look as the other players. My gosh, Chresanto was such an attractive guy.

"Oh my goodness, Chanel?" Avery tapped me repeatedly.

"What?" I turned to her.

"That's my ex boyfriend, the one I told you about when we were walking in."

I raised my eyebrow in hopes that she wasn't talking about Chresanto. She raised her finger and pointed at who she was talking about.

"What number is he?"

"35, his name is Chresanto."

Great.

.

After the game ended we waited around for Jarod because he said the whole team goes out to eat after games. He told me that I needed to be there because all the coaches wives and girlfriends would go.

I told Avery what the plans were and she willingly agreed. I think it's just because she wants to see more of Chresanto. But what should I care, right?

Seconds later, Jarod walked out with a smile on his face. He stopped to shake a few people's hands and held some small talk. Then he finally made it over to where we were standing.

"Hey guys," he said.

"This is my friend from California, Avery this is Jarod." I said looking back and forth between them.

"Hello Jarod, heard a lot about you." She grabbed Jarod's hand and shook it.

He returned the gesture and turned to me. "We're about to go to Penini's down the street. Meet me there."

I nodded and Avery and I left.

"Maybe Chresanto and I can talk and rekindle a few flames." She nudged me, "if you know what I'm saying." A chuckle escaped her lips.

"Yeah, maybe."