My Fault

Nico's pov

  I walk forward. "You want to split your life force." I say.

  Percy jumps slightly, but Emily just looks over at me. "That's the plan... unless you know another way?"

  I shake my head. "No, at least none that would be fast enough for her. She's weak as it is."

  "So Percy, can I?"

  Percy looks at her for aa long moment, then at his lifeless sister. "Don't mess up."

  Emily smirks. "Yes, I'm going to intentionally mess up."

  Percy rolls his eyes. He looks back at Alex nervously.

  "Leo's about to explode with worry, you know. You could go explain things to him." I tell Percy.

  "Fine, I know when I'm not wanted." He reluctantly gets up to leave.

  Emily's pov

  And I am alone with Nico.

  I try and ignore him as I begin the process on instinct.

  I grab her hand as I sit beside her.

  My eyes close and I let my energy go. I feel it move down my arm slowly like honey. It reaches my hand then goes down my fingers, leaving a tingling sensation as it jumps over to Alex.

  I instantly feel uncomfortable with this as I get more tired by the moment. The energy moves faster.

  I feel slightly dizzy.

  "Cut the connection! Emily, cut the connection!" Nico's voice sounds muffled and watered down at the same time.

  How do I cut the connection again?

  ...

  Oh, right.

  I slowly think of a vault and close my remaining energy in there just as I feel myself falling.

  Something catches me as I fall uncounscious.

  Nico's pov

  I caught Emily before she could hit the floor.

  She released a little too much but a few check over reassured that she was alright.

  Why didn't I stop her from doing that!? It could have killed her!

  I shake my head. Why should I care? She's just another person who should be creeped out by me even being in the same room.

  I pick her up and lay her in the next cot.

  I glance over at Alex to see her sitting up, looking confused.

  "How do you feel?" I ask.

  She looks over at me. "Like a slept a million years. What happened to Emily?"

  "She'll be fine. I'll be right back, okay?"

  She nods and yawns.

  I walk to where Percy and Leo were talking.

  "She's awake."

  Percy gets up, but Leo sits there, looking like he wants to get up.

  "Why are you still sitting there?" I ask.

  "Emily made me swear on the Styx that I wouldn't get up until someone told me I could..." He says glumly.

  "Well, you can get up." Percy says akwardly.

  Leo stands up. "Thank you."

  We all head back to Alex, though Leo limps. I see why Emily did that.

  Alex perks up slightly seeing Percy then Leo. She smiles kindly at me as she hugs Percy. Then she notices that Leo was limping.

  "What happened to you?" She asks worridly.

  Leo sits beside her on the cot. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine."

  "You call limping fine?" She asks as Leo pulls her into a tight hug just as Percy had with the same look of relief.

  Alex laughs lightly. "Geez, you would think I just came back from the dead with the looks on your faces."

  Leo, Percy, and I exchange looks and her laughter dies.

  "What happened?"

  "You don't remember?" I ask.

  She stays silent for a few minutes. "I remember taking out monsters left and right... then a sharp pain in the back of my head....."

  "That would have been the cyclops..." Emily grunts. I turn to her and help her up in a sitting postition. She smiles weakly at me as I sit by her. Then she suprizes me by leaning into me.

  I looked down at her, confused, but she just smiles at me. Weird...

  "What happened to you?" Alex asks after a moment.

  "Gave you a tad too much energy, but we're both fine so no harm done. I'll just need to rest for a while." Emily says tiredly.

  "Gave me a tad too much energy? What the Hades is that supposed to mean?"

  "You do know, Dad doesn't really apperciate people using his name as a curse." I say.

  "Sorry. Habit..." Alex say sheepishly. "About the energy thing...?"

  "Right. I gave you part of my life force." Emily says as if it was the most simplest answer in the world.

  "Life force? Why would you do that?"

  "Saved your life, didn't it?" Emily adds more to Alex's confused face. "It wasn't mainly the cyclop's fault that almost all of your life force was gone. You shouldn't do stuff like that, it almost killed you."

  "What did I do...?"

  "You put alot of your energy into making the arrows more deadly to the monsters. And it didn't help how much you used your power before hand either." I say.

  "Oh... sorry bout that..."

  "Just don't do it again. You've come close to death way to many times..." Leo says quietly.

  Alex nods. "Alright, I'll try not to do that anymore, but no promises."

  "Good." Emily says. "N-" She was cut off my a loud crash outside and a triumphant roar of hundreds of monsters.

  Percy and Alex are the first outside with Leo close behind.

  Emily starts to stand when I stop her. "There is no way you're going out there." I say sternly.

  She gives me a pleading look. "Nico, it's my fault that that even happened! Now they're going to overrun us. We need every capable demigod avalible! There is no way I'm gonna sit by when I can still fight."

  "But-"

  "Nico, please. I can't sit here. I won't sit here. Not when so many people could be hurt because of my actions."

  I sigh. "Stay close. Please."

  She looks me in the eye for along moment, her eyes turning gold for a moment before going back to their midnight shade. "Alright."