This Needs to Stop

Emily's pov

  I blink as my vision blackens again. I tumble into a memory.
  Mom sat on one of the small, uncomfortable cots in our room. "Emily? Come here dear." She says, her voice just as kind as always.
  I sit beside her and look at her in confusion. "What is wrong, Mother?" I ask.
  "I'm afraid our master has a new prisoner... a girl older than you by a few years. I want you to help her in anyway you can without getting caught." She says quietly.
  I play with the end of my black dress that she made for me. "Why do you want me to help her?" I ask just as quiet.
  "Because the girl is very important to ending our master's reign of terror. Do you understand?"
  "Yes, Mother." I nod.
  "Help her as long as possible, she'll need you."

  I blink and see a man standing over me, protecting me from the Keres.

  He has neatly trimmed black hair. He wears armor made from polished black stygian iron as his sycthe is made of. Slits in the armor allowed his black wings to move freely, purples, and blues catching the light of the setting sun.

  My eyes widen as I see some of myself in the man. "F-Father?" I ask, my throat dry.

  He glances back at me and I see black eyes not unlike my own. "Yes, Emily. Do you really think I let these spirits take my first born?" He asks.

  He slices another Keres in half.

  Eventually the violent spirits of death get the message and move on to the other dead and dieing.

  My father turns around and kneels beside me, handing me alittle ambrosia. I take it. It tastes of Mother's sweet rolls from before End took us captive.

  My wounds close up and my strength comes back to me. I sit up and look at my father for a moment.

  "I understand if you resent me for not helping you so long ago. But Zues wouldn't allow for us to interfear with our children's lives. But after you and your brother disappeared without a trace, I did try to find you... I never could though..." He says quietly. "And it hurt when I saw Prudence in the Underworld..."

  I stay silent for a moment. "I saw Mother maybe a week ago? End murdered her because he found me helping Alex..." I say very quietly. A sadden look crosses my father's face.

  I sigh and look around at the Keres attacking the dead and dieing. "I'm not angry any more, Father... I let that go years ago... I still remember your visits too." I chuckle slightly. "Though you didn't have wings and your skin definetly wasn't dark."

  He smiles slightly.

  "Is Alex okay?" I ask.

  "For now, though the Keres are certainly interested in her."

  I stand up. "Is there anyway of banning them from the camp boundries?"

  "I'll deal with it. Protect Alexandria for the moment though. Her brother Perseus can't see them."

  I nod and start running to the stump that has been lowered. Dozens of Keres circled above her and Percy looked slightly confused about why there were some bite marks on her arms.

  I stand beside her and raise my sword. I need to thank Father for it later.

  "Aren't you suppose to be dead?" One asks me, her voice raspier than the others that attacked me.

  "No. Now, get away from hear!" I yell at her and cut straight into her chest. Her essence is sucked into the blade.

  I finally finished off the Keres that were possing a threat. "Percy, we need to get her out of the open, now." I say quickly, watching the closed Keres wearily.

  "What are you fighting?" He asks, even more confuzed than earlier.

  I roll my eyes. Kelp Head, much?

  I turn around and set my palm on his forehead. He looks really confused now. I let alittle of my power go into him and he blinks.

  "What are those?" He asks, looking straight at the nearest Keres that was happily devouring a twelve year old girl. I whince and look away.

  "Keres. Spirits or goddesses, if you want, of violent death. As in, battle feilds, murders, illnesses, stuff like that. They're litterally plagues of their own and haunt places of lots of violent death." I say quickly.

  "Isn't your dad the god of death?"

  "Does anything go through that thick skull of yours? My father is the god of peaceful death. These demons are of violent death."

  "Oh... let's get her out of here." Percy says then goes to pick his sister up.

  I roll my eyes and follow Percy, slicing any death spirit that gets to close.

  We make it to the healing cave that happened to be under the Big House.

  Chiron trots up. "Last cot..." He says gravely.

  I feel every life force pounding at my head, telling me how much time they litterally have left. I rub my temples amd try to block it out. One small girl catches my attention.

  She lay pale white, barely breathing. A large gash was on her temple, making her face paler than it already was. An older boy sat beside her, crying silently. I could immedately tell they were related.

  Then she stops breathing and he lets out a sob.

  The small girl sat up, leaving behind her body. She looks around confused, then sees the boy sobbing. "Bubba? What's wrong?" She asks.

  She looks over at me. "Why can't he hear me?" She asks.

  I sigh. "Because you're gone."

  "But I'm right here!" She giggles. "My name's Annie, what's yours?"

  "Emily. Annie, look behind you." I say quietly.

  Her smile falls alittle as confusion takes over. She looks behind herself and looks at the still, now ice cold body.

  "I-is that me...?" She whispers.

  "Yes it is Annie. Do you remember what happened?" I ask.

  "I was shooting my bow, taking down monsters when something snuck up on me and hit my head. I cryed out to Sammy before I blacked out from pain... am I dead!?"

  I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Yes you are Annie... my father will take you to the Underworld soon, okay?"

  She merely nods her head.

  "I have to go, Annie."

  "Will I see you again? Will I see anybody?"

  "I don't know, Annie... bye." I whisper and walk away.

  I go back outside with Chiron behind me. I noticed I was shaking slightly and goosebumps covered my skin.

  "Are you okay?"

  "This needs to stop soon..." I whisper.

  "The death? But aren't you Thantos's kid?" A boy who had just walked up from behind asked.

  I clenched my fists and turned on the spot. Ares kid, should have known. "Just because I am the first born child of Thantos, does not mean I enjoy watching people die! What in the name of Hades gave you that idea!?" I ask.

  He puts his hands up in a gesture of surrender. "Gods of Olympus, it was just a question!"

  "Some things, some questions, some comments, are better left unsaid." And with that, I walk away to gather more injured and bring them to the cave.

A/N whatcha think!? You like? If you do, please comment and or vote! Thank you!