𝟏𝟏.

── ✦ ──

- You know we have to get up? - Chloe asked Alec when she was in her lover's arms after the man had put the Mortal Cup in a safe place. At the same time, they had to listen to the screams of Chloe's younger sister, whose priority was to find her mother.

Chloe, however, did not want to help Clary and did not hide her hatred towards her younger sister and their mother, who had hurt the girl in the past and caused a lot of pain.

- I know, but I would love to spend time in bed with you - Alec replied and kissed her on the lips. Chloe tried to break free from his grip to get out of bed, but the man made it difficult for her.

- Alec, let me go - The red-haired girl ordered and after a while he released her from his hug.

- Time to get back to my daily duties and deal with Clary - Alec said, and Chloe could see the displeasure on his face as he got up from his bed.

Alec and Chloe left his room and walked over to Jace, Izzy, and Clara as the monitor beeped and showed a moving symbol on the Institute grounds.

- Someone has trespassed on our property - Jace said as he and Izzy approached Alec and Chloe, who were looking at the monitor.

- What's going on? - Clary asked terrified as she approached the group of shadowhunters.

- Someone's trying to break in - Chloe replied quickly.

- It could be a circle - Jace replied before looking at his Parabatai who was holding Chloe's hand, making the blonde jealous. Jace couldn't believe that Chloe had started an affair with Alec after she broke up with him when she caught him kissing her younger stepsister.

A moment later, he, Izzy, Chloe, and Alec began walking towards the Institute's exit to see the intruder.

- I told you - Alec said, walking between Jace and Chloe.

- Too early - Jace confessed, and a moment later they found themselves on the Institute's premises with weapons in their hands. They patrolled the area until they noticed someone with someone in their arms.

- Do not move! - Alec shouted, with a loaded arrow towards the intruder. - Put down what you're holding. Hands up! - The man called out as Clary ran towards the group, seraph blade in hand.

A figure appeared and everyone saw Raphael holding Simon's lifeless body in his arms.

- Oh God, Simon! - Clary screamed devastated as she came closer and saw her dead friend.

A moment later

Simon's body was placed on a wooden table in the basement by Raphael and Jace as Clary cried over her friend's death.