𝟎𝟖.

── ✦ ──

When Alec and Chloe were near Magnus's apartment, the wizard used his magic to stabilize Luke and the apartment began to shake.

- My magic is running out, Clary! - Magnus shouted as he continued to use his magic on Chloe's father.

- What should I do? - Clary asked him, grabbing onto the couch to keep her balance as the apartment shook.

- I can't leave him, but Luke needs the Komodo scales, so find them - The sorcerer replied, already starting to feel the effects of his magic. - Then add it to the rest of the potion ingredients, and when they get here, you'll have to feed it to Luke - He said after a moment.

- What about you, Magnus? - Clary asked with concern, grabbing a chair.

- I'll hold on as long as I can - Magnus informed her - Go! - The man shouted to the girl as he began to feel tired after using magic for a long time. Clary ran to the ingredients room.

At the same moment, Alec ran into the apartment accompanied by Chloe, who calmed down after a moment of breakdown. They both quickly reached Magnus' side and held him so he wouldn't fall. The sorcerer drew energy from them. Chloe felt a slight pain but ignored it because she wanted to help her father.

A moment later, Jace and Simon ran into Magnus' apartment with the necessary ingredients for the potion.

- Clary! - Jace shouted, gun in hand.

- You got it? - Clary asked as Chloe began to feel tired and sweat appeared on her forehead. Clary took the ingredients from Jace, ran to the table with the cauldron and threw the ingredients into it. She then poured some of the potion into a cup and ran to her adoptive father.

The girl poured the potion down his throat. After a moment, all of Luke's pain passed and the werewolf opened his eyes and smiled at his daughter and Clary. Magnus fell into Alec's arms.

Chloe smiled weakly at her father, who grabbed her hand. Luke still considered her his daughter, even though she was already 22 and had grown into a beautiful and smart young woman.

- Hi, Dad - The red-haired girl said weakly. Luke wiped a tear from her cheek and noticed the tiredness on his daughter's face.

- Chloe - He said his daughter's name with a smile. He knew she would save him. - Everything is fine? - Luke asked Chloe, who needed some rest.

- Yeah, I'm just tired and I need to change - Chloe replied, and when she went to stand up, she felt dizzy, so she grabbed the couch.

- I'll help you - Jace offered, knowing that Chloe had distanced herself from him and was ignoring his existence, showing that he cared about Clary and had feelings for her.

- That's not a good idea - Chloe said coldly, preferring to stay away from him after showing that she loved Clary. - I can handle it myself - the red-haired girl added after a while and gently started walking when the dizziness passed.