𝟏𝟒.

── ✦ ──

 This is crazy - Izzy said as she, Chloe, Alec and Jace went to the monitor and watched Parabatai Chloe interrogate Meliorn in the Institute head's office. - We have to stop this - the girl added after a while.

- Meliorn is here because of me - Izzy said furiously.

- We can't stop the interrogation - Alec said.

- Are you on Alec's side now? - Izzy asked reproachfully as she looked at her adoptive brother.

- We swore to protect each other, of course he's on my side - The black-haired man stated as Chloe placed her hand on his shoulder.

- I'm not choosing sides. Jace Wayland is Switzerland - Jace said. - We have to find Valentine. Let's let them play it out, Izzy, the blonde boy said after a while. - Meliorn may have important information

- The test results don't lie. Tell me what you know about the blood of the forsaken - Lydia ordered as she looked at Meliorn who sat on the couch in front of her.

- Have you considered that the blood of the forsaken may come from deceased scouts? The scouts that were sent to find Valentine - Meliorn stated. - Why would we side with a murderer?

- The Seelie Court is playing both sides - Lydia stated and crossed her arms.

- You should talk to your people about playing both sides - The Seelie said calmly.

- I'm listening? - Lydia asked shocked.

- You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? - Meliorn asked with a smile. - If only Shadowhunters had better contacts with us Downworlders, you would know that Valentine's daughter has the Mortal Cup

- You still think we shouldn't react ? - Izzy asked.

── ✦ ──

Chloe and Alec walked through the control room with Lydia, followed by Meliorn, escorted by two guards.

- Where are you taking him? - Isabelle asked as she looked towards them.

- To the cell - Lydia replied and started walking down the stairs. "And the Ranger Squad will transport him to the Silent Brothers - The blonde boy said after a moment as she, Chloe, and Alec descended the stairs.

- You can not do it! - Izzy, who was following them, shouted.

She couldn't believe that Alec and Chloe were obediently following the Clave's orders.

- It's not our decision, Izzy - Alec replied. - It was the Clave who gave the order - Confessed the man who wanted his sister to get involved in this matter.