𝟏𝟗.

── ✦ ──

- Jace, you're going to Alec's bachelor party, right? - Izzy asked as she approached Jace and Clary who had returned from Rangor's.

- No, because they don't want me there and I'm swamped with work - Jace replied.

- You haven't reconciled yet? - Izzy asked worriedly as she followed her adoptive brother.

- No. If Alec wants to talk, we will talk - Jace said furiously, who was avoiding Alec and Chloe.

- He's your Parabatai - Izzy noted as they walked through the control room. The girl was fed up with the conflict between her brothers.

- We have more important things to do than the bachelor party - Jace confessed when he sees I'm about to complain. - Follow me - The blonde man said, and Clary and Izzy followed him until they stopped in the training room. - We have a mole at the Institute

- We were attacked by the shax demon when we went to see Ragnor Fell - Clary informed Izzy.

- It couldn't have been a coincidence. Valentine must have been following us - Jace sighed, irritated.

- You don't think it was someone from the Institute who told Valentine where you were going? - She asked.

- There's no other explanation - Clary said.

- No one from here would betray us like that - The black-haired girl said as she looked at Clary. - This is our family - Izzy noted and looked at Jace.

Jace walked past Clary and Izzy and looked at Lydie and Chloe, who were in the control room, talking to each other. The blonde began to suspect Lydie of collaborating with Valentine.

- Not everyone here is family - Jace stated when he saw that both girls had left the control room. - I swear, if Lydia is a spy, then I... - The blonde man began to speak after a while and turned towards Izzy and Clary.

- Calm down, Jace - He was interrupted by Clary, who was trying to calm him down. - We don't know yet if she did anything

- And falsely accusing someone of a crime is dangerous. Trust me, I've been through it - Izzy confessed as she looked at him. - Besides, Lydia is Chloe's parabatai and Chloe will be furious when she finds out that you are accusing her friend without evidence

- But Lydia was there when we talked about Ragnor Fell - The blonde man mannoted. - If he's not going to admit it, I'll make him do it - Jace said furiously.

- Jace no, you're too mad angre to talk to anyone right now - Clary said as she stopped Jace from talking to Lydia which could have ended badly.

- Especially with an important envoy from the Clave - Izzy said as she looked at him.