𝟏𝟔.

── ✦ ──

Izzy's trial was to take place soon, and Chloe wanted to support her fiancé, who was deeply distressed by his sister's situation and the betrayal of his Parabatai. Jace and Clary are missing.

Chloe and Alec hid from everyone that the girl was 6 weeks pregnant and that there was a possibility that Jace was the father of her child. (Note in this story Jace and Chloe are not siblings!).

The pregnancy wasn't visible yet, so Chloe didn't have to wear loose clothes to hide it. And Alec became overprotective of her and wanted to raise this unborn child the girl was carrying, even if the child was Jace's.

2 weeks earlier

Chloe's period was 3 days late, and the nausea and vomiting continued, and she hid her bad feelings from her fiancé, friends, and Parabatai. The girl decided to go to the bathroom and take a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.

Once she did, she anxiously waited for the test results. She knew that if the test came back positive, the father of her unborn child would be Alec or Jace because she had sex with them around the same time and that would complicate her life.

And what's worse, she would then have to inform them both about her pregnancy and that one of them was the father of her child, and that would just be awkward.

After 2 minutes had passed, the girl looked at the pregnancy test that was on the sink and looked at it. Chloe was shocked when she saw the 2 lines on the test, which confirmed her biggest fear - she was pregnant.

- This can't be true - The girl whispered to herself as she sat on the toilet to avoid falling on the floor after discovering the shocking news.

She knew that now her life would change dramatically, because she was to become the wife of Alec Lightwood, whom she loved, and run the Institute with him, and now it turned out that in a few months she was to give birth to her first child, whose father was to be her former lover or fiancé.

For now, she preferred to keep the news to herself.

A week later, Chloe was vomiting her food into the toilet every day. Since she found out about her pregnancy, the girl was tired and pale, but she used foundation to hide it and she was vomiting.

- Chloe, is everything okay? - Alec asked from behind the door, and the girl decided to tell him about the pregnancy.

- No. I need to tell you something - Chloe replied as she brushed her teeth and grabbed a pregnancy test from the makeup cabinet before opening the bathroom door.

- What's going on? - Alec asked worriedly, noticing that Chloe had been acting strange lately and was constantly vomiting.