Untitled Part 71

Mark 9:35
sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Philippians 2:6-8
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death – even death on a cross!

God is close to the humbled. I know for sure the bible says that. Just like Jesus said anyone who wants to be the first in His kingdom must become a servant of all. That takes humility because on my part – I like respect. I like to be on top because all my life I felt like the underdog in my environment. However, Jesus became the underdog when he came here to earth all those years ago. Philippians tells us very clear that Jesus is God but He chose to come to earth as a human like us. He humbled himself under God the Father's plans and willing died on the cross for us and that is why God the Father exalted Him above all.

Christ is our example on how to humble ourselves and what that looks like. In my life, that shows me that because Christ overcame pride, then so can I because Christ lives in me.

And I am going to need His strength this whole new year, especially in my group at church. Last night, in group, I felt my inside raging. I knew going there was good for me but submission isn't my strong point at all. I see it in the littlest of things. If a leader suggest something, I automatically just want to walk away from them or do the opposite – be a rebel.

I go in there, set on my stubbornness. However, now its different. It's a new year and I'm determined for this one to be different than last year!

I want to grow in love. To be a person whose known for love flowing out of her and that takes a process and humbling myself. Right now, it means going to group and starving my pride by listening to the leaders God sets in place. It means being present and joining in on the discussions, even if it sometimes seem to take forever.

If I do that, then who knows what God will do. Maybe this is my test: Can I humble myself before God by submitting myself to my leaders He placed in? Maybe this will help me grow in submission.