3/11/2021:

Proverbs 2:2-9
Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver, seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the path of the just. And protects those who are faithful to Him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go.

How can I apply this to my life?

Ask God. I can try with all my might but its starts with my mind. With that, I need to seek God - not just His words (the bible) but also just going to Him and asking Him for wisdom and insight. The best picture I get is a child, not knowing how to do something or even understanding WHY, they go to their Father to show them. I can daily ask God to give me wisdom and understanding. I wish I could sound more deep and elegant but really, I just need to ask - plainly and simply and let God take over from there.

"When you draw near to God, God will draw near to you." Think of how big God's steps must be. As I flew - it amazed me how small the land, cars, and people looked from high up and how vast and wide the state really was to me. God made all of that and us, the people. He made the animals and the clouds and the sun and gravity and waters and land...God has to be a giant and we humans are teeny. With that being said, A step from God could cross continents compared to my step.

It gives me a picture of a two year old taking one step and only getting a few centimeters while her dad, whose a giant, his steps far outpaces her. However, knowing that she's still learning and trying to keep up - He doesn't walk ahead of her to the point she gets left behind. The good Father slows his pace while holding her hand, and helps her. And when the child is tired, she will lift up her little arms, wanting her dad to carry her.

Children are great at asking for things. When they are hungry, need comfort, need help getting somewhere, or even opening something - they will ask.

I'm bad at asking and when I ask, I doubt I will 100% get it. There's this paranoia in me that says I may not get what I ask for - or I will do something and mess it up. The thing I can do in my life is switch that thinking and just ask God. Just be a kid and ask, with the expectation that I will get some answers. That God (whether or not its His will to answer certain prayers) will make ALL things work for my good and His great purpose. That there's a plan behind each season. With that, perhaps I can even ask for joy and help to not hate people or situations.