12/12/2020:

Philippians 2:12-15
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

Galatians 4:4-5
But when the right time came, God sent His Son, who was born from a woman and lived under the law. God did this so that He could buy the freedom of those who were under the law. God's purpose was to make us His children.

Again, God is saying to me that I have the choice to live in Him or apart from Him. It isn't a random thing. I have salvation: that's something Christ gave to me and I accepted so I am saved by the grace of God Almighty. However, I have the choice to remain in Him. To live life in abundance or live it starving and poor. We have salvation and that can never be taken from us but could it be forfeited? Could a person be saved and yet live in the dark?

I think its easier to obey a leader when they are right there with us in the room, watching us, but since we don't see God physically, I think maybe we just assume we're in this alone. We start worrying or doing what we want instead of what the word tells us to. I think maturity comes when we're obedient even when leaders aren't watching us because we REMEMBER God is our main leader and He is watching us and empowering us to want to do everything for Him and to succeed in doing everything for Him.

In this season, I find myself once again struggling to remember the truth and mentally getting hit with a lot of things. My surroundings aren't pleasant and sometimes I wish I was physically alone without people around me but God is faithful. Even though a lot of depressing and stressful things are hitting me and I'm struggling not to complain to every ear that passes by - God's been telling me that I have the choice of life and death. I can abide in Him through this storm or I can sink in the waves because I take my eyes off of Him. I'll choose Jesus since drowning doesn't sound pleasant at all. And when I am weak, my God in Heaven is strong and able to lift me out of waves.

So choose life.