𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

I never thought I would hear the piano music of a graduation ceremony after mine back in 1978, but here I was back at it once again

Only this time I had an obstacle; Billy.

Although he has been avoiding me after I ended things, that doesn't mean he can't stay away forever, right?

The desperation to talk to him was unbearable, but I had to live with it since I was now someone he despised. Besides even if we were to try and work things out again, it would only fall apart in the end since it was obvious we weren't a match made in heaven.
Thankfully, I would have the aide of Evelyn and Teddy if I were to fall into another complicated scenario.

Speaking of, with both of them at my sides I watched the class of 1985 carry themselves gracefully down the aisle of chairs.

Steve was behind Tommy H and Billy which made my eyes glue to Billy more than they should've. It was like fate purposely put him there but I knew it was only the original school lineup.

With the triumphant sound of the piano playing and the sounds of a few over dramatic parents crying over my shoulder, Billy and Tommy walked together.

Billy had the obvious look of irritation while Tommy kept chatting his ear off with the stupid smirk on his lips. After the fight they had in the hallway the other week you would think they wouldn't be on the best terms?

Anyways, when the two made it to their chairs I let my eyes snap towards Steve but they were drawn towards another person, specifically beside him; Heather Holloway.

I bit the inside of my cheek to fight back the curse words I was about to use. My fury must have been evident because I felt Teddy lay a hand on my arm chuckling: "Easy there, Tiger. Don't growl too loud. You'll scare away the prey."

I quickly shrugged him off my arm, still eyeing Heather as she walked by my brother's side.

After the students had been seated and the speeches had been announced, it was time for the students to receive their diplomas.

One by one, the many students shook hands with Principal Grimes and smiled for a picture. It was a pure moment when I saw the look on their faces as I would hand them their flower after they got off stage, diploma in hand.

"Billy Hargrove." I heard Principal Grimes announce.

Immediately the entire crowd in the bleachers and student body erupted with claps, cheers, and whistles.

I grinned, seeing his smile after receiving his diploma and walking off stage with it in his hand.

"Now is your shot." Teddy said, breaking me from my gaze.