𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

The day had passed slowly, and I was growing tired of the thoughts of Billy

The day had passed slowly, and I was growing tired of the thoughts of Billy. But it wasn't just about him. The people who now knew about us ran through my head during my lectures. I was so distracted by them that I couldn't focus on any of my topics. I stuttered and stammered so much that I had to resort to free reading for the rest of my classes.

I sighed, thinking of the specific people.
Steve, Max, Teddy...

After some time I began to let myself get carried away by arguing with myself.

Who else would know? Surely there was bound to be a person who couldn't keep their mouth shut for long. For all I knew Evelyn and my parents may have already knew the entire time.

However, people were going to find out soon about Billy and I. It's always a series of unfortunate events when more than one person knows.

Although there are rare times where the truth can also turn into rumors and people may believe it, I knew I was not going to risk it.
It's beginning to overwhelm the stress of losing my job and the judgement I would receive from Evelyn and my parents.

The second the bell chimed for study hall I exited my classroom to walk to the library, so I could check up on Teddy. After our small talk this morning I became concerned for him.

You could say we made ourselves acquainted with each other since he knows something his grandmother doesn't, but, however, I was mostly worried about him blabbing to Evelyn more than anything.

I barely knew the guy. How would I know if he could keep a promise?

Possibly because he came out to me as gay before anyone else knew, and knowing how Evelyn is I knew she wouldn't like that since she's very strict and old fashioned.

I yanked open the door to see a library that had six students at the tables with one of them being my brother. Meanwhile Teddy was behind the counter putting the checked books on a wooden cart.

I narrowed my eyes to search for Evelyn, but she was nowhere to be seen, which was very unusual.

"Kristal," I heard Teddy greet me with a smile past his bruised nose. "Hey."

I sighed at the sight of his facial wound.
"Hey, Ted." I chuckled and walked to the counter. "Sorry to say this, but you look like a blob fish with that nose."

He shrugged but shot me a beaming smile.
"Best thing to ever happen to me since college."

I giggled then sighed, looking around for Evelyn.
"So where's you're grandma?"

𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara