𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Standing in the main office, I stared at the three students who were hunched low in their seats

Standing in the main office, I stared at the three students who were hunched low in their seats. The guilt was consuming them in so many different ways that it affected their postures.

It was just myself watching them while Teddy was in the nurse's office getting cleaned up. I found everything so disturbing that the situation happened not even five minutes ago and now everyone else is doing their jobs and keeping the place going without another word said about it.

The only ones who was obviously thinking about it were the three students in front of me.

Tommy refused to look at Carol while she stared at the carpet in some sort of oblivion. It had to be the first time I've seen her this quiet before, which was very concerning.

Billy, on the other hand, sat low in the seat but refused to look at anyone. Not even I was an option because I was being the rule enforcer.

I felt the rush of worry in my bloodstream, making my body feel cold and numb.
If their principal was going to want a statement then he's going to have to know everything that was said and done, word for word and step by step.

My thoughts ran wild. Perhaps Carol and Tommy knew about me and Billy?

I assume so because of Carol telling me that the reason behind the fight was because of me. But why would it only be me, and not just me and Billy?

Breathing deeply, I awaited for some sort of noise to break through the silence. The anxiety forming in my chest was enough for my throat to tie in knots.

"Miss Harrington," I heard the rough voice of Principal Grimes.

I turned to the burly man who gestured me to come into his office for a word. The second I was welcomed to the smell of burnt coffee in his office I felt my heart racing wildly.

What was to come from all of us?

He sat at his desk and looked at me while leaning back in his comfortable chair.
"I see he's back in my office again." He sighed, talking about Billy.

I scratched the back of my head, ashamed.
"I'm his tutor, not his advisor. I was, however, before you decided to give him the opportunity to finish his final early, then that's when I stopped preparing him."

"Considering where things are goin' he might not be able to." Mister Grimes informed.

I raised my brows. "What do you mean?"

"He got in a fight, Kristal." He pointed out then shook his head.
"He beat Tommy Harmon to a pulp, he broke one of our newest faculty's noses, which I'm sure Evelyn's gonna love to hear about that story, and he's caused damaged to the hallway lockers!"