𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Ted

"Ted." I said breathlessly.

Seeing one of my coworkers in front of me made it seem so difficult to speak. If anything all I could say afterwards was:
"I'm sorry."

I was at loss of words. With him physically standing in front of me I felt powerless. Like a child being scolded by their parent.

Teddy gave me a burning stare, almost like he could set me on fire with his mind.

"You should be after ditching me and my grandma like you did. Shit, I got an earful about how she caught you with Billy." He groaned loudly and pointed his finger at me, shamefully.

"She knows everything, Kristal. Literally, everything!"

I shushed Teddy as he was speaking too loud, drawing attention from the other families and faculty members who passed us.
"It's bad enough Evelyn knows. I really don't need the entire PTA to know too."

Teddy's eyebrows raised.
"After hearing about what happened do you know what she did when she got home? She was so confused that she wanted answers personally from you, so she called you every night for a week, hoping you'd pick it up. Hell, the poor lady was so distraught I could hear her at night crying herself to sleep because she doesn't want to lose you like she almost did before. Whatever that means."

The guilt was now worse as it combined with the feeling I had towards Billy earlier. I was completely sick to my stomach with worry that I found my eyes wondering all over the place, looking to anyone and anything but Teddy.

Suddenly, he grabbed me by the shoulders, making me look straight at his sensitive but dangerous eyes. I was too stunned by his sudden movements to even say anything.

"I'm suffering, Kristal. And so is our phone bills. Fix it before it breaks our wallet."

I removed his hands from my shoulders and stared at him as if he had two heads.
"I'm not going over there!" I whisper shouted. "She'll have me by my head if I tell her anymore."

"Don't be such a pussy." He said back, harshly. "When I said I told her everything, I mean everything."

I searched his eyes for an answer but nothing came to me until Teddy spoke.
"I came out to her."

My brows shriveled up.
"You told her?" I said, disbelieved.

"I had to tell her what I knew. I figured I might as well lighten things up on you by putting some weight on my side."