𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Distraught was all I was for the rest of the day

Distraught was all I was for the rest of the day. I understood I wasn't having much concentration in my classes which was leading to my students to ask the undying question: "What's wrong, Miss Harrington?".

In response I'd simply shrug my shoulders and force a smile like nothing was bothering me.

All in all, this day was becoming very lousy for my liking, and I would love nothing more than for everything to go back to the way it was before I volunteered to be in charge of detention. Even my short term relationship with Billy would be a wish come true if it would come to a sudden end.

I understand it's very infuriating for me to think, but I couldn't take the turmoil anymore. Everything about the relationship made me have mixed emotions and an abundance of obstacles suddenly barging into my life. It's very overwhelming when you have things coming in all at once and completely messing things up with your schedule and with your life.

I'm not saying I regret ever sleeping with Billy, but if everything would just go back to normal then I would be utterly satisfied with staying up all night, reading books in my bedroom that isn't infested with a man stench.

After the dismal bell chimed, I made a straightaway to the detention room. With every effort of dodging students, I finally made it.

It was very quiet in the dim and dull classroom but I completely ignored it, getting used to the smell. I carefully placed my shoulder bag behind my desk while I could hear the clicking of boots scraping against the tile floors of the hallway.

I brushed it off, thinking it was another student, but I thought again when I heard the door close softly.

"We're finally alone." I felt the words hitting my eardrum through my hair.

I turned my body around to face the familiar voice, who was in fact Billy. My eyes landed on his lips that were being moistened by his tongue then they proceed to be bitten by his perfectly white teeth.

"The time has come. I'm taking the final tomorrow." He boasted.

His arms snaked around my waist as he pulled us close. I carefully put my hands on his biceps that were being covered by his jean jacket to hold him off.

"What's wrong?" I read his lips, feeling deaf by how fixated I was on the problems of this relationship.

My gaze trailed to his the rest of his face that beamed with unease while mine was blank with hidden anxiety.

There was a long pause as I was lost in thought. After waiting in agony, Billy snapped me out of my thoughts for the second time.
"Kristal?"