𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Our eyes meet for a moment after I studied his reaction

Our eyes meet for a moment after I studied his reaction. His face twisted with barely controlled sorrow, his brows knitting together. His face seemed to drain of any color only to make his tanned skin look grey and dull.
"What?" He asked, almost below a whisper.
"I don't understand. What'd I do wrong?"

I looked Billy in the eye and waited to respond until I could muster up the courage without my voice cracking.
"Max told me about you being at Heather Holloway's house last night. Surely she gave you those fresh scratches and that purple mark on your neck."

He was perplexed until he reached his hand up and rubbed the spot on his neck, which I'm sure was very sore.

He sighed and after a moment of awkward silence he straightened himself.

"Kristal," He stammered.

I tried to tamp down my temper, but the time he was consuming made everything more real than it was suppose to.

"It was a mistake." He muttered loud enough for me to hear. "I only went to her house to have a few drinks."

With my mouth closed I gave him a blank stare. My entire body went cold as I comprehended his words. I almost felt like I was cut out from reality in a slow and numbing way.

His mouth open only for no words to come out until he was preparing himself for the worst.

"I'll admit things got outta hand."

Billy's voice broke on the words, and the sensation of reality flooded into me in a sickening rush.

That was what I needed to hear for my trust in him to fade quickly. I was not about to have another guy trying to make a fool out of me.

He tried to take a stride towards my still frame, but I could only back away in fear of being emotionally hurt anymore. He noticed how skittish I was and stopped himself from going any further.

"Don't tell me we're done." He begged.

My face was evident with uncontrollable rage. My eyebrows pushed together, my jaw clenched, and my skin was reddening with anger so much that I was sure I looked like a tomato.

"We're beyond done; nonexistent in fact."

I huffed breaths of fury, almost similar to a dragon breathing fire.

"I, for one, would not appreciate getting a disease from you because you were out screwing another girl. It's ridiculous!"