Chapter 26

"Uggh. Can we take a break now!? We've been running for days now! My feet are killing me." I listen to Fuu complain as we ran. I sighed and stopped everyone. I looked back over to her and sighed again. She's been complaining ever since we left the village.

'Ugghh why Fuu? Why?'

"Yea I guess. We can finally take a break. Just until noon though. We need to get back on track. We took too long in our village. We need to get the rest of our family. Who knows what's happening over there with them." I told her and she smiled sadly. All of us sat down. Gaara brings food out for us to cook.

Utakata leaves to gather firewood. Fuu running back screaming about a waterfall. Gaara looks back at her.

*sigh*

"Then go have fun Fuu. We'll prepare the food and bring it over. Then we can go cliff jumping or something." Gaara tells her. She smiles really big. Jumping around she runs off yelling back at us.

"Thank you!!"

Me and Gaara both smiled at each other. Moving on to what we were doing. Utakata coming back with the firewood. Building the fire before he followed Fuu. I start the firewood and help Gaara.

"So, what made you want to change the world? To bring us all together?" Gaara asks me. I looked at him confused for a second. He looks back at me.

"I-I.. I wanted a family. I wanted be loved. Yet that never happened until.. Until I met Tobi, Mada, Kura and Hashi. They gave me the love and protection I wanted. I needed. The village hated me and I was breaking..." I stopped and looked down. Sighing to myself trying not to cry.

"Naru? Hey..." Gaara starts to say. I looked up at him and gave him a sad smile.

"Its okay. We all wanted it. To be loved and cared for. After all we were all children. We never had anything in the first place. So we all tried for friends. Only for us to be called monsters. Demons. That's all we were in their eyes. Nothing more and anything and everything less. It didn't matter how much we tried. We were never good enough for them. Never!! I wanted more. So when the opportunity came. We took it." I told him. He looked at me confused and shocked. By now I had tears streaming down my face.

"I planned and planned. I trained and trained. Trying to come up with a solution. Nothing coming up until a thought came. What if I made my own village. This thought happens to be the same when I was 11 years old. A year before graduation. So I had time. I worked towards that goal. I was gonna leave after graduation. Until I met my team. Everything changed for me. I found and made amazing friends. Some allies. Yet something wasn't right. I wanted the same for you guys. For all the people out there. I wanted everyone to be free. To not have to worry. Then HE sent everyone after us. You see we were coming back from a mission. Until we got a warning claiming HE was sending everyone out to kill us." I started crying more. Gaara walks over and puts a hand on my shoulder. I grabbed onto him crying. He tries to comfort me. I hear people rushing towards us. Fuu and Utakata... They hugged me too.

"He wanted us all dead. My little sister figure He killed her. She was so young she didn't deserve any of that. Why did they do it? What did any of us do wrong!?! I just don't understand!!" I yelled to the world. The only people hearing me is my family. Which caused them to start crying too. We hold onto each other tighter. 

The pain in our hearts never stopped. With each passing day, it got worse. Until we finally got out of those villages. Yet even then we still hurt. We still felt the pain. The words they yelled constantly replaying in our heads. They never stopped torturing us. Even when we left.  We continued to scream out for help. Yet we all knew help would never come. So we became our own help. Still, we never felt the love. Where was it? Would it ever come? We never knew and we never would know when. All we could do is hold each other. Be there for each other. All we could do is hope and pray. One day. One day maybe it would end.

Who knows, maybe it will?

*Sniff sniff*

"The food is burning..." Gaara says. We giggle slightly and let go of each other. Getting up we quickly fixed the food. Fuu and Utakata sitting there still. Gaara continues to look at the food.

"Hey, the foods done. How about we eat? Then we can go do that cliff jumping we were talking about? What do you guys think?" I looked over at them. Fuu immediately looked up with a small grin on her face. Utakata gave me a small smile, along with Gaara.

"Yes!!"

"Yeah, let's do it!"

"Yeah sounds good"

"Okay, then let's get moving then. Before we have to head out." I yelled at them running away with the food. Heading straight to the waterfall. I heard footsteps running behind. Knowing that Gaara, Fuu, and Utakata was right behind me.

"Naru wait up!!!" They yelled behind me. I laughed loudly as I ran away. They tried to run faster and I laughed.

"Catch me if you can!!" I yelled running up the hill. I get to the top sealing the food into my seal. Passing by the trees and everything. I watched as the waterfall was getting closer. Until I was above it. Running faster I laughed.

"See ye later suckars!!" I yelled as I jumped off the cliff. Hearing a splash as I landed in the water. I rise from the water and hear Fuu laughing. I swim away and then hear a scream above me. I look up and see Fuu had jumped down? I laughed as she hit the water. I watched as she rose from the water. She looks up pissed.

"Hey, that was mean Utakata!! Gaara push him off the cliff for me!!" She yells at them. I laughed as I realized he pushed her off the cliff. Gaara looks over at him and shrugs. Utakata putting his hands up in defense. 

"Hey hey! You don't have to do this Gaara! I'm sorry! Ahhhh!!" He tries reasoning only to be thrown off the cliff. Gaara laughing and jumping in after him. We all laughed at his face when he fell. Swimming to the shore we laughed. Finally eating our lunch.

"That was awesome!! We should come back here with everyone else next time!" Fuutyelled and we laughed. Yet we agreed. It sounded like fun.

'Next time. Next time we will be a completed family.'