Chapter 9

I hate this mission so much right now. This kid has been driving me insane. Every five seconds he has been complaining about something.

I mean we barely left that small town. Then he starts.

"I'm tired."

"I'm bored."

"My feet hurt."

"I'm hungry."

"Are we there yet?"

Like seriously. What the hell is this kids deal!?

I sighed while I continue to run with my team. The kids mother was on my back. This time Sasuke was holding the kid. Tobi had enough of the kid pulling his ears.

I mean could you blame him? That shit hurts. I would know. The kid was being carried by me earlier. The little shit wouldn't let go.

I can't believe we still had 10 hours left until we got to the Sand village. We would have already been there. Yet the kid started complaining about being sick. That we were going to fast.

We all are fucking tired except this kid and the mother. Yet they are the ones complaining about every single thing. I swear Minato did this on purpose. Every other ninja probably refused because of them. Yet we can't do that. He fucking knew that so he told us to do it. Asshole!

I'm just glad we haven't run into anyone yet. Especially with this kids yelling. I swear you can hear him all the way in the rain village.

I chuckled a bit. Everyone heard me except the kid and the mother.

We just made it out of the trees. The mother and kid had fell asleep. We were finally in the sand. Since we could finally speed up. We took the opportunity.

We should make it to the sand village soon. Hopefully before night. As long as the kid doesn't wake up until then. The good news is there was no casualties yet. We haven't even been attack or ambushed once. To be honest. It was kind of odd.

You would think that someone would have attacked by now.

Hours have went by. The mother woke up. Yet the kid didn't yet. Which was good for us. We have another hour until we get to the village. Then the kid woke up. It was almost dark. Which meant if we slowed down. While in the desert. With unknown people after us! We are fucked.

The kid looked around for a bit. Then his face turned green.

"I'm getting sick! Slow down!" The kid yells. We sighed. Everyone looked at me for what we should do. I sighed and thought. None of was stopping anytime soon.

"Miss? If we slow down now. We could get ambushed. Plus its getting dark quickly. Which would be very bad for us since we are in the desert. So I will ask you. Do you want us to slow down?" I asked her. She looked at me with wide eyes. She looked shocked that I would even ask her.

"No. Continue. We are almost there. Might as well get there now then later. Wouldn't want anyone have the chance." She told me. I nodded my head.

"Pick up the pace. We are almost there. Lets go!" I told my team. We ran even faster then before. The kid looks horrible. It was absolutely hilarious in my opinion.

We ended up making it to the village. Yet I felt really bad about this. Something just wasn't right about this.
We got to the gate. The guards came up and let us in. After they checked our mission scroll of course.

We completed our mission. They are home now. Yet I still had this bad feeling about all this. Everyone noticed my nervous face. Sasuke touched my shoulder making me jump up. I looked at him. My face said it all. They all nodded saying they felt the same.

We decided that we would follow her. Secretly of course. We watched as she walked. Well actually speed walked into the hospital. We silently followed her. We watched as she went inside her husbands hospital room. We continued watching her and the kid. Her husband laid in the hospital bed hooked up to the machines.

The woman held her husbands hand and cried. The kid also started crying. Then we saw something. There was a shadow outside their door. The person seemed to be watching them closely. Then we saw a smirk on the persons face.

They had a Kuna in their hand. Waiting for the right move to strike. We calmly waited for them to move. Yet they never did. Not yet at least.

The mother and child later left. The husband was still hooked up to the machine. Half my team followed the mother and child. While half of us stayed here.

I stayed at the hospital. Thinking it would make more sense. I mean he is in a coma hooked up to a machine. A guy being in love with her could have waited. She would come back. He kills the husband and comforts her.

Yet that was where I was entirely wrong. This person didn't want her alive. Nor did he want the child alive. He had something entirely different in mind.

After hours of waiting for this person to strike. They never did. Until Hashi ran up to us. He was telling us the person striked the mother and kid. They stopped him from doing any damage. Yet the guy wanted to talk. Talk to me?

I stared at Hashi confused.

'Who is this guy? Why would he want to talk to me? Was this mission a huge scam or something?'

I sighed as I thought this.

'I swear if Minato set us up. I will fucking kill everyone and everything.'

I left and started heading to the place. The place the guy wanted to meet me at. I sighed even more as I walked. I decided that I would take my precious time. I went and got some dango. Then teleported to the spot everyone is at.

I sighed even more when I got there. Everyone laughed besides the guy. He looked at me and frown a bit.

"So you finally came Fox." The guy says to me.

I sighed. "Who are you and what do you want?" I asked him.

He started laughing like crazy. While we just stared at him weirdly.

'This fucking weirdo.'

"You don't remember me Fox? How sad." The guy says pouting. I just continued to stare at him. He then sighed.

"You should remember. Maybe you will.. I'm..." He starts.