Part 19

** A/n - So here we are, the final chapter. Thank you to everyone that has been reading, it means a lot. I hope you all enjoyed this little fanfic, I know I enjoyed writing it. **

His beak was cold, the pointy edge grazing your skin. Your vision was blurred but you knew it was him. A shaky hand stroked his feathers. He nuzzled into the touch, his little head fitting into your palm.

You flicked your wrist."Into a man." You whispered. Nothing happened. You tried again but achieved the same result . Your breathing became jagged as you tried to keep the tears at bay. "Diaval. . . " You whispered helplessly, shaking your head. "I. . . I" You looked down at your own hands, trying to conjure up some sort of sentence. That's when you heard the baby.

It's cries sent you into a frenzy. Snippets of the past slowly came together, painting the picture of what you had believed to be a nightmare. Your stomach churned. Your head whirled. "Baby. . . " That was the only thought that passed through your head.

You pushed yourself up, each and every one of your joints aching and throbbing, screaming out in protest. Diaval flew off the bed and over to the cradle set up in the corner of the room; still refusing to lay eyes on his daughter. You slowly made your way over, stumbling over your own feet.

Once you reached the cradle the tears began to fall. She was perfect, untouched by the trauma surroundings her.

That's when Diaval finally looked down.

His daughter lay there with her eyes closed. Her milky white skin blended into the silk sheets she was rapped in. The top of her head was covered jet black hair that reminded him of his feathers. He felt the deep familiar pain hit his chest. Guilt.

Your fingers reached out stroking her cheek. Underneath your finger her face contorted, her eyes flying open. Her eyes were like Diaval's. The baby's lips pulled into a smile, her small hands reaching out to grasp yours. She grabbed it with a giggle. Her baby babbling filled the room and you felt yourself, despite the circumstance, begin to laugh.

Diaval had jumped onto your shoulder and nuzzled into the crook of your neck, his beady bird eyes never leaving his precious little daughter. He couldn't bring himself to look away. He felt like if he was to drop his gaze for a second she would be gone. You brought up a hand and stroked the feathers on his neck. He let a small croak erupt from his beak, enjoying the feeling. Across the room you noticed a chair. Slowly you dragged it over to the cradle and sat down.

The sound of the door clicking open got Diaval's attention while yours was still focused on the baby.

"You're awake!" Philips voice echoed around the silent room. You jumped slightly at the sudden noise. Diaval's jumped off your shoulders and took flight around the room, his excited 'awks' chasing after him. In his heard the guilt still lay heavy but he couldn't help the burst of joy at seeing you and the baby healthy and happy.

"Y-yes I am." Your lips move on their own creating a dazzling smile.

Philip rushed out the room and fetched the other. Aurora and Maleficent ran at you, enveloping you in hugs. While Philip kissed the top of your head.

"We were so worried." Aurora sobbed.

"We knew you would be okay, you always are. Now you can be a family, it's the least you and Diaval deserve." Maleficent's voice was comforting and calm. That's when you remembered. The tears came back as well as the shaking.

"I can't change him back." You cried "I-I tried but nothing happened." You let your sadness envelop you; found yourself retreating into the dark corners of your mind, wishing there was a way to make everything feel better again.