Part 11

Diaval wakes up before you. Memories from last nights events cloud his mind causing butterflies to dance in his stomach. He glances down at you and smiles, his fingers tracing intricate patterns on your bare back. He leans forward slowly and kisses the top of your head, being careful not to wake you. He cherishes every moment he has with you, takes in every detail about you. Your tangled glossy hair, your quiet slow breathing, your scent of books, how you fit perfectly beside him. His hands continue to draw on your smooth, pale skin, enjoying the contrast against his callous hands.

Slowly your eyes open. You sense the tickle of Diaval's fingers against your back, causing you to squirm. He laughs, his chest vibrating under your cheek.

"So, my mistress is ticklish?" He says, softly dragging his fingers across your skin. The name sends shivers down your body as you link it with what happened yesterday.

"I guess she is." You gulp.

Soon the tickling stops and you both just lie there; both too lazy to move. He clutches at you waist, stroking small circles, with his thumb.

"You know what m'lady, I could lie here all day."

"As could I Diaval." You whisper adjusting yourself so you can look at him. "But sooner or later we are going to have to get up."

"Later sounds more appealing at the present time." He chuckles, running his fingers through your hair. You close your eyes, leaning into Diaval's touch.

Behind Diaval's eyes he was deep in thought, the cogs of his brain sparking into action.

"(f/n), do you think we should visit Maleficent today? Or maybe Aurora and Philip?"

"I'm fine with that. When should we leave?"

"After breakfast?"

"I shall go and make it." You smile.

Diaval watches as you leave the bedroom and head to the kitchen. He quickly springs into action. His hands fumble to get his clothes on. He pushes open the window and turns himself into a raven.

His wings take him to Maleficent first. He changes into a man and tells Maleficent of his plans.

"Could you tell Aurora not to say anything when (f/n) gets to the castle?"

"You have my word Diaval." Maleficent smiles. Diaval nods and transforms back into his feathered form before heading to the village. He flies to the market place and obtains his desired item before heading back to the cottage.

"Diaval! Where have you been?!" Diaval hears you shout

from the window, when he comes into view.

"Awk! Aw-o stretch my wings." He says midway through transforming.

"Well breakfast is ready, if you're still hungry." Diaval clutches at his stomach, trying to sooth it's persistent growls. He never got this hungry as a raven. He then remembered the first day he found himself at your window. It was one of the harshest winters and all the food had been eaten or frozen, meaning birds like Diaval couldn't eat. He was close to death when he stumbled across your cottage. With his remaining strength he hopped onto your window and prayed you would help him. Once you saw the skinny bird on the window ledge you instantly knew what he wanted. His small skinny form had shook in the icy breeze and you felt like it was your job to feed him. Diaval practically inhaled the fresh bread and berries you had gave him. Afterwards he had stayed by your window, enjoying the warmth of the fire you had lit. That's when he found himself coming to your window more often, until it became more or less a daily thing.