Part 17

**A/n- thanks guys for waiting the writers block has some what subsided for the time being -thank god!- hope you guys enjoy the chapter (I know they keep getting shorter but it's because we are nearing the end and I want to drag it out as much as possible.) **

Maleficent crouches by the basket, fingers stroking the handle. The tears that fell from her eyes creating watery trails down her cheeks. "I've lost her once, I can't lose her again."

Diaval hops onto her shoulder and wraps his black, feathered wing around her neck in a comforting gesture. Philip loses his temper and marches off to the guards.

"Why was no one with Queen Aurora?!"

"She said she wanted to pick berries."

"That is no excuse!"

"We apologize greatly your majesty, we knew not to watch over her."

"Aurora has now two been captured." Philip says lowering his head trying to cool off.

"She what?!" One guard says standing up.

"They have taken your Queen. . .  my wife . . ." He feels  tears prick his eyes as he turns and walks away, fists clenched.

*start of flashback*

You and Diaval walk hand in hand towards the castle; cool breeze engulfing the pair of you. "You know what this breeze means don't you?" You smile excitedly.

"I'm sure I know this one." Diaval says in mock concentration.

"It means," Your smile widens "mist is on it's way."

"Ah, I knew I knew it."  You nudge him playfully and laugh.

As the castle comes into view you feel your stomach growl. "Was that your stomach or mine?" Diaval asks holding onto his own.

"I'm not so sure anymore." You had both starved yourselves knowing that the last time you had eaten before a castle vist, you had to force all three courses down.

Diaval pushes open the castle doors and walks you inside. You are met with open arms and escorted to the grand dining room, where Maleficent, Philip and Aurora were already engrossed in conversation.

"(f/n)! Diaval! Come join us!" Philip said cracking open a bottle of wine. You walk over to the table and Diaval pulls your chair out.

"Ohhh, such a gentleman!" You gasp in mock surprise.

"I'm always a gentleman." He smiles taking a seat opposite you.

"That you are." Aurora laughs. Diaval offers a nod and a smile before joining in on the conversation. The food arrived not long after.

The butlers brought steaming hot steak and gravy pie with vegetables and mashed potatoes, served on a silver platter. You and Diaval waste no time digging in.

"So," Maleficent smiles at Diaval,half way through eating. You were so focused on your food you could barely hear her. You smiled blissfully unaware of the next topic of conversation and shoved a massive piece of pie into your mouth. "(f/n) and yourself have been together for a while now. . . Have you made any plans for children?"

"Children?!" You shout, choking on your food. You plummeted into a coughing fit trying to dislodge the trapped food. After a few gulps of wine you could breath again. "Children?" You repeat "A little early to be thinking about that don't you think?"

"We've known each other for over sixteen years." Diaval reminded you. "If anything I think it's time we discussed it."

"I- I. . . Aurora, Philip! Any plans for your wedding yet?!" You smile with wide eyes changing the subject before eating more of your food. You keep your head down avoiding the hurt gaze you know Diaval is giving you.