Part 2

Maleficent stays at the cottage for a few days. By the  morning of the fifth day you had both decided to walk through the moors. Maleficent led the way and before you knew it you were nearing the territory of the humans. You began to slow down before hearing the sound of shouting. Maleficent and yourself pushed through the wheat that towered above you to get closer to the sound. You saw a farmer about to beat a poor raven that was trapped under a net. Without thinking you waved your fingers and mumbled "Into a man"

The ravens body contorted and stretched until it was a fully grown man. The farmer by now was half way to the village shouting "Demon! Demon!"

Maleficent walked forward towards the man, you closely behind her. 

He was tall, with dark hazel eyes. The bones of his once bird body created delicate patterns under his pale, muddy skin. He also has loose feathers dotted in his messy black hair and a nose that resembled the point of a beak.

"What have you done to my beautiful self?!"

"It wasn't I."

"Then who was-" He span and saw you standing with a small smile plastered on your face. "I know you."

"You do?"

"Yes, you're the berry girl."

"You're the raven that has been coming to my window?"

"Yes."

"You should be grateful," Maleficent interrupted. "that farmer would have most defiantly beaten you to death."

"You're right. I shall repay you. I shall be your servant."

"I need you to be my wings."

Maleficent started to walk back the way you had came leaving you standing there with the raven.

"What do I call you by?"

"Diaval. And how may I address you?"

"(f/n)." You then become very aware of his nakedness. You wave your hand across the snapped pieces of wheat and watch as they knit together forming clothes. You change the colour to black and motion them into the air. You take them and hand them to Diaval. He takes them from you and struggles to put them on. You help him pull  the top over his head and guide his arms through the holes of the top. You lace the front together loosely and turn your back as he puts his pants on. You motion for him to follow you, to which he complies.

Half way through the forest.

"I would like to thank you. For the berries and the farmer both of which, without you, I would have died. For that I am eternally grateful." His deep gravely voice states.

"Don't mention it."

"Sorry."

"Don't be." You look up at him. He has a faint smile as he looks down at you.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Pretty bird?" He chuckles and you go red.

"I didn't know you were going to be able to ask about that. Not everyday I turn a raven into a man." He chuckles again before falling silent. You finally catch up with Maleficent. She was sat by the lake outside the cottage watching the dragonflies buzzing over the water. You enter the cottage, Diaval following behind you.

"You hungry?"

"Yes mistress." You cringe at the name but smile anyway.

"Would you prefer to eat in human or raven form?"

"I would prefer my former self, mistress. " He says. You wave your fingers and watch as Diaval becomes a bundle of feathers.

You place a bigger bowl of wild berries in front of him as well as another pot filled with icy water from the lake.

Once he's done you turn him back into a human. You laugh at the sight of some berry juice rolling down his chin. A light blush coats his pale cheeks as he wipes it away, licking his finger. After that you sent him to the lake.

"Why don't you get washed? That mud doesn't exactly live up to your 'pretty bird' reputation." With a nod he left, leaving you to clean the pots.

When he returns he looks much better. His skin now spotless and his black hair now pushed back off his face in a messy fashion.

"Here," You say patting a chair taking a step towards him. You grab your comb off the bench and sit Diaval down. "Lets sort that hair of your out."

Diaval doesn't question you or argue, he just sits there enjoying the feel of the comb against his scalp. You brush it back neatly before stepping back and admiring your work.

"Thank you, mistress." He says looking at his faint reflection on in the window.

"Oh, do call me (f/n), pretty bird." The name brings a chuckle from him and yourself. He admires himself a little longer before you tap his shoulder. "I think we should see how Maleficent is doing."

"She was still by the river the last time I saw her."

You lead the way towards her and sis down on one of the rocks.

"Diaval." She says, her head turning to face him. "I want you to fly to the castle. Find the location of a man called  Stephan." She then looks at you and nods signaling to change him back. You turn to Diaval and wave your fingers. He quickly takes the shape of a raven and flies high into the sky, in the direction of the village. "Can I be alone, please?" Her voice is thick with sadness and anger so you nodded walking back to the house.

A few hours later Diaval returns. You wave your fingers once again and watch as he morphs into a man.

"Stephan has been crowned king," He sounds out of breath from flying. "He told the dying king he killed you. He was rewarded greatly."

"He took my wings! He took them for power! You have confirmed mu suspicions!"

Diaval flinches at her raised voice and slowly backs away.

"I want revenge!"

Maleficent and you live in the small cottage, while Diaval occupied the tree outside the window. Maleficent would often send Diaval out to spy on the king to bring back news, nothing really happened and Maleficent grew impatient. Then one day Diaval returned in a fluster.

"There has been a baby. A little girl."

"A baby?" Maleficent asks an evil grin plastered on her lips. Diaval nods.

"There will be a christening." He says looking from Maleficent to you.

"Oh yes, and of course, we shall be attending." Her laugh fills the air and the hairs on the back of your neck stand on edge.