Part 12

**A/n - Guys I am so so so sorry that I've taken so long to update and I'm sorry that this is a short chapter. I've been so busy with course work and solo performances, not to mention the writers block *cries*. Any hoo *sips tea* All the science and music is over now so I finished this chapter. It's a little crappy but I still hope you enjoy it!**

You wake up in Diaval's arms, lying by the dying embers of the fire. He grumbles in his sleep and adjusts himself, tightening his grip on you. You smile as you feel the warmth of his body press against yours, his head tucking between your jaw and shoulder. You listen to his steady breathing as it tickles your neck and inhale his scent of the forest. It amazed you how much the smell of the trees lingered on him, almost as if the scent was stitched into the very clothes he wore in his back.

Your hand lifts from the floor, allowing you a look at your new ring. You tilt your hand from left to right, watching as the light bounces of the diamonds smooth surface.

"You like the ring a lot more than I expected you would."

Diaval's deep, sleepy voice mumbles. You giggle and turn in his arms, watching as he blinks repeatedly to adjust his eyes.

"Morning." You beam.

"Morning my sweet." He chuckles, opening his dark hazel eyes and looking at you. His lips press against you hair line, leaving behind a warm tingle when he pulls away.

*le time skip (two hours)*

You sit on the floor facing away from Diaval, who is sat on the sofa. His legs on either side of you body.

"I was thinking," Diaval says, playing with your hair. His long fingers braiding the strands before unraveling them, just to start again. "maybe we should go for a fly in the moors. It's been a while since we flew together."

"It has been a while hasn't it?"

"Mhhmm." Diaval hummed, twirling your hair around his fingers. "What do you say? Does the idea appeal to m'lady?"

"The idea does, my feathered fiance."

"Fiance?"

"Human name for a man due to be wed to a woman. You are my fiance."

"So that makes you my?"

"Fiancee."

"It though that was for a man."

"It's spelled differently, they both sound the same though."

"Confusing humans."

"Tell me about it."

"I never did learn to read or write or spell or draw or, well, you get the idea."

"I could teach you, would you like that?"

"Yes m'lady," Behind you Diaval's smile widens. "I would like that very much."

"Good, but first, I want to do a bit of flying." You giggle.

"You promise?" He beams.

"Yes."

You perch on a branch over looking the moors. Diaval ruffles his wings and moves closer to you. His beak runs through your feathers.

Diaval couldn't resist. He had witnessed other raven couples preening each other in the past and had always felt jealous. He had always put off getting a mate because he couldn't find any ravens that stood out. Then, when he became Maleficent's servant, he threw the idea of ever having his own family straight out of his head. Then he got to know you better and slowly the idea came back shortly followed by a feeling of overwhelming want and need. He knew he wanted you as his mate and nothing anybody could say could change it.