Part 7

Aurora kept returning over the passing months, developing a tight bond with Maleficent. Meanwhile in the pit of your stomach you knew you had developed deep feelings for Diaval. You had finally decided to accept your underlining feelings for him. It really became clear when Aurora one day came and played with the small mud trolls. They started a mud fight and managed to hit Maleficent on the cheek. Diaval had laughed and to get him back she covered his face in mud. This forced you into a laughing fit, doubling you over with your face in your hands. Diaval had launch himself onto you, making you and him both roll down the hill and into the muddy lake.  It took you a minute to figure out what had happened before you began laughing again. He had you pinned underneath him, while he laughed, eyes focusing on yours.

Your head screamed at your heart throwing sense in every direction it could.

'He can't love you!'

'He is a proud raven! He will never love a washed up fairy like yourself!'

'Look at him! He deserves so much better!'

But alas your heart was the one you followed. It clutched to the one last slither of hope that remained. Maybe, just maybe he one day would love you back.

He knew he loved you two. He notices how you blushed at  his touch, and gulped every time his hand wrapped around your waist. He dared to believe you could love him as much as he loved you.

You smiled at each other from across the table, eating the diner you had taught Diaval to make, consisting of rabbit meat with a side of berry and mint sauce.

"You're a good cook for a beginner."

"You think?"

"I do." You assure him.

"What shall we cook tomorrow?" He asks eating another chunk of the meat.

"I don't know, how about a crumble? Everyone loves crumble."

"I don't think I've ever tasted crumble."

"You've never had-?! We must make one this instant!"

"I vote we finish eating, personally."

"Ahh, what smart bird."

"Thank you m'lady."

You finish your food and clean the dirty dishes. Diaval waits patiently for the fun part to begin.

"So, how does one go about making a crumble?"

"You're very eager, dear Diaval."

"I like cooking with you, it's fun."

"Well, come on then."

A massive smile spreads across his face as he runs over to you.

"Right, first you need to get a glass tray out of the cupboard under the sink."

"Errrrrr " He drags the noise as he searches  "This one? Will this one do?" He says raising his eyebrows.

"Perfect." He smiles triumphantly, placing the tray on the counter. "Now, I need you to get the sugar and flour."

He grabs the sugar bowl, and puts it beside the glass tray, while you magic up some butter.

"Err, (f/n), where art thou flour."

You laugh and point to the highest cupboard. "Good luck with that."

"How tall do you think I am?"