Chapter 17

A/N: First of all, I know the timeline for when some of the songs in this chapter came out doesn't line up with the story, but just pretend they do, okay? So you don't need to comment telling me that. :) Thank you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the area hurricane Sandy is affecting <3 Stay safe!!

Sorry there was such a long delay for this chapter. But I've been pretty caught up with preparing for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END WHERE I WILL BE EXPLAINING MY CURRENT SITUATION WITH WRITING!!!!! THANKS!! :D

Oh, and by the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAA!!! *laughs maniacally*

~Grace xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                 ***Elena’s P.O.V.***

I raised one eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"Sing?" I said, tipping my head to the side.

"Yeah, sing," Zayn said, with a boyish smile on his face.

"Alright," I said, the wheels turning in my mind, "How about this," I stood up, and got in the bathtub sitting with my back up against one end, my legs stretched out and pushed against the right side, and motioned for Zayn to sit at the opposite end, which he did.

"Why are we sitting in a bathtub-"

"Shh!" I hushed him, "Because it's more comfortable than sitting on the floor. Now, here's how this games works. One of us comes up with a topic, and we both have to sing a little bit of a song that has to do with said topic. The first one to give up loses. Got it?"

"Yep!" He smiled, "I'll think of a topic first,"

I waited as he thought of something, then heard him say, "Animals."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Animals. Sing a song about Animals," He grinned cutely. I nodded, then thought about what I should sing.

I took a deep breath, then sang a bit of the only song that came to mind, "Oh oh, I want some more! Oh oh, what are you waiting for? Take a bite of my heart tonight! Oh oh, I want some more! Oh oh, what are you waiting for? What are you waiting for? Take a bit of my heart tonight!"

Zayn beamed, but playfully objected, "Hey! That had nothing to do with animals!"

"Yes it did!" I countered, "The song is called Animal by Neon Trees!"

"Fine, fine," He smiled, then thought of a song himself.

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight! In the jungle, the quiet jungle The lion sleeps tonight!" I laughed at the Bradford boy, while he sang loudly and completely out of pitch. He had to stop the screeching sound that he called singing because we were both howling with laughter.

"Alright, alright, next topic," I said, controlling my chuckling.

"Colors," I suggested, and Zayn started singing without pause.

"Losing him was blue, like I’d never known! Missing him was dark gray, all alone! Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met! But loving him was red! Loving him was red!" I smiled softly at his performance. I hadn't really realized it until now, but Zayn had an amazing voice.

"You're a great singer, ya know," I commented.

"Thank you," He smiled sweetly, "You're turn," I grinned widely, knowing exactly what song to sing.

"Yo listen up, here's a story about a little guy that lives in a blue world! And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue, like him, inside and outside! Blue is his house with a blue little window, and a blue corvette, and everything is blue for him and himself and everybody around, 'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to! I'm blue da ba dee da ba die, da ba dee da ba die, da ba dee da ba die!"

I had started doing a little dance in my seat, and we were giggling like crazy by the time i ended the ridiculous song. I must admit, Zayn's laugh sounds amazing... wait, did I just think that? Oh dear. I am such a creeper.

"How about... road trip songs?" Zayn recommended, breaking me from my thoughts.

"That's fine," I paused, "Do you mean songs about road trips, or songs that you sing while on a road trip?"

"Either," He answered casually.

"Can it be a mash up?" I asked, smirking.

"Whatever you please, m' lady," I giggled as he pretended to bow, then took in a breath to start singing.

"Oh, Tommy used to work on the docks. Union's been on strike, he's down on his luck, it's tough. Oh, so tough! We've got to hold on, ready or not. You live for the fight when that's all that you've got! Start me up! We're halfway there! Oh! Livin on a prayer! Start me up! We'll make it I swear! Oh! Livin on a prayer!" i finished.

"You watch Glee?" Zayn asked immediately after I finished, a smile on his face.

"Yep!" I popped the 'p', "your turn!" I nudged his waist with my knee.

"Okay," He stopped for a moment, "Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future!Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future! I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea! Fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me! I want to fly like an eagle, till I'm free! Oh, lord, through the revolution!"

I laughed out loud, while clapping, and explained my actions, "I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH!" We were both soon giggling like crazy.

I suddenly had an idea for a new game to play, and voiced my idea, smiling in anticipation, "Ooh, how about this, we have to sing a TV show theme song, and the other has to guess what it is!"

"Sure, that sounds like fun!" He grinned back at me, his beautiful brown eyes sparkling.

We played that game for awhile, laughing, smiling, and singing up a storm. It had come to a tie, and it was my turn to sing. I thought about what to do, when the absolute perfect theme song came to my head.

"You ready?" I asked Zayn, playful seriousness masking my chuckles.

"When you are," He replied, using the same tone as I.

I inhaled deeply, gathering as much oxygen in my lungs as I could to sing this difficult song.

Then I burst out singing the next second, "Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait... The Earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools, we built a wall! (we built the pyramids!), math, science, history, unravelling the mystery, that all started with the big bang!"

About halfway through Zayn had joined in, and we raced to beat each other to the end of the theme.

"You watch The Big Bang Theory?!" My voice was riddled with surprise.

"Yeah, you do?!" He asked with the same tone.

"YES!" We both screamed at the same time, double high fiving.

"You guys alright in there?" A muffled voice from the other side of the bathroom door sounded, interrupting our cheering.

I shot a look at Zayn, as if to say ‘go along with it’, "We'd be better if you let us out, Liam!"
I used a sickly sweet voice, hoping to talk the soft boy into freeing us from the small room.

"Well..." He trailed off, and i could easily tell I was getting to him.

"No! Liam! Never admit defeat!" Louis screeched, as I saw the door handle unlock, and was about to be pushed open. But it slammed back up to its regular spot, and the door locked again, Lou dragging Liam away as to not foil his plan.

"Ugh!" I grunted, as Zayn laughed, and I slumped back against the shower wall.

"Who even puts a lock on the outside of a bathroom door, anyway?!" I grumbled angrily to myself, starting to get restless.

"Hey," Zayn sat up, reached over, and lifted up my chin with his delicate fingers for the second time today, "We'll get out of this. Don't worry," His smile was gentle, his teeth a blinding white.

Maybe a few more hours in here wouldn't be so bad...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, so. in short, there might not be a whole lot of updates to this chapter through the month of November. I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which means that I have a goal to write 30,000 to 50,000 words of a new story in one single month. >.< I'm probably gonna fail... BUT I'LL DO MY BEST! :D So, if you're ever desperate for an update, then why don't you send me a message encouraging me, so that i can finish sooner? :D IT WILL HELP A LOT!!! Oh, and think about the fact that THIS MEANS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO POST A NEW STORY EXTREMELY SOON AFTER THIS ONE IS OVER :O *MINDBLOWN* NO PROMISES, THOUGH! :P Here's a link if you want to join me and a ton of other WriMo's (if you're under 17, sign in as a Young Writer) : http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/ I GREATLY SUGGEST YOU DO! YOU'LL LOVE IT!! :D

BTW, here's links to all of the songs in this chapter:

Animal by Neon Trees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJgaksG4sg

The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iw89L6aFo

Red by Taylor Swift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXuIwZfCQ3o

I'm Blue by Eiffel 65: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QGPWLY-EM

Start Me Up/Livin' On A Prayer (cover) by Glee Cast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KscLUMWrTY

Fly Like An Eagle by Steve Miller Band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIARNcFlRbQ

History of Everything by Barenaked Ladies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDu_mxZ7jLE&list=FLWiegmi7cdAW22hbTrWIZ3Q&index=1&feature=plpp_video (it's on the sidebar)

I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!! :D

~Grace xx