Chapter 18

"The only way out, is through." -Robert Frost

~Grace xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                          ***Zayn's P.O.V.***

After Elena calmed down, we settled into a comfortable silence. I examined her as she focused on rolling up and then unwinding the drawstrings oh her pajama pants, and starting over doing the same motion over and over again. She was in her own little world.

My legs were stretched out in front of me, the bottoms of my feet a few inches away from the opposite wall of the bathtub. Her cute feet were to my left, and they wiggled restlessly, a habit I had noticed she had. Idly moving her feet when she is bored: yet another one of those little things I like about her.

I looked at her ankles, and noticed that there was a single string anklet wrapped around her right ankle. One of those that you tie on, and it doesn't come off, ya know? The twisted together pink, purple, blue, and neon green threads looked worn from weather, giving it an antique look. The colors were dull, evidently from swimming to much. It honestly seemed like the kind of accessory I would have expected from a girl like Elena.

Now that I've gotten to know her so well, I don't know how I was ever hesitant about her. She's amazing in every definition of the word. Elena is so many things: Strong, shy, daring, funny, brave, caring. She has her quite, thoughtful side, and her outgoing, loud side, all of which I love. Those are the things that make her her. That make her the girl I know, the girl that gives me feelings no other girl does.

Things have gone so quickly with her. It was never hard to talk to her, she was always ready listen if someone need an ear. Elena was a very relaxed person, so much so that it calmed the people around her. Well, except for Louis. But he's a special case.

I know one thing for sure, and that's that I want to be with her even more. Yes, we were stuck in a bathroom, but spending so much time with her had been awesome. However, I still wanted to know even more about her. What she likes, what she dislikes, her odd habits that are at the same time adorable, the things that get on her nerves. The things that she can tell me upfront, and the things about herself that she may not even know. I want to know all of it. I want to know her.

So that's exactly what I would get.

"Hey, Elena?" I called out to her, before I lost my courage.

"Yeah" She looked up, pulled out of her fixation.

"Tell me about you," I requested, smiling.

"Me?" She asked, shifting to find a more comfortable seating position.

"Yes. You." I was strangely proud of myself for being so frank. I'm usually one to beat around the bush.

"Alright," She said. Well, that was fairly easy, "What do you want to know?"

"Start with the basics," I said, my smile widening, if that was even possible.

"Okay," She paused, gathering her thoughts, "Well, you know my name. I'm originally from Ely, Minnesota, but i moved here with my mom after... my dad." Elena hesitated, sounding awkward, but then continued, "You know, of course, that I love swimming. I also love singing and I’m decent at playing the guitar."

“More like you’re amazing at both,” I added.

"Thank you," She gave me a sweet grin,"I love the color blue, because it's the color of the water. If I had to pick a favorite band it would be a tie between Coldplay, One Republic, and Fleetwood Mac. I have too many favorite songs to choose one in particular, however I do usually go for a softer, slow sound. My favorite fruit is an orange, mint chocolate ice cream is the best, and I have a serious sweet tooth. I have a brother named Trevor who is currently in some random country discovering some new species, I don't really know all the scientific terms. I also like red velvet cupcakes."

I chuckled at how she ended the monologue. I wasn't exactly anticipating that she would just list off random attributes about her.

"Interesting..." I trailed off laughing.

"I'm a very interesting person," She gave me a silly mysterious face, but failed and ended up just looking like a total creeper.

Laughing at her, I looked down at my hands, unsure how to answer.

"You must be very interesting yourself," Elena spoke before I had a chance to respond.

"Not really," I gave a smile smile, meeting her luscious brown eyes.

"I seriously doubt that," She smirked in reply, "Tell me about you; your life."
My heart race sped, how was I supposed to tell her about me? Most of my life has been spent traveling around the world in a famous boy band, and the rest was irrelevant, and boring.

"Well," I paused, coughing awkwardly, "I have 3 sisters: Safaa, Waliyha, and Doniya. I like most kinds of music, I'm not very specific. I do however, have a soft spot for Michael Jackson," She smiled at that, "I love to draw. It's just something I've had a knack for since I was younger. I'm kind of the quiet one out of the boys. Speaking of them, we've been best friends for about 2 years now. I really like the color purple, and I absolutely love singing,"

"So, you want to be a singer when you're older?" She asked with a half smile.

"You could say that," I chuckled. If only she knew.

"What?" She asked, grinning at my laughter.

"Oh, nothing," I changed the subject, "What do you want to be?"

"This is probably stupid, but I want to be an Olympic swimmer," Elena confessed. "Then, after I get a few gold metals, I want to settle down; have a family. Maybe a dog or two," She giggled.
"That sounds nice," I said truthfully.

A silence enveloped us. But it wasn't awkward; on the contrary, it was comfortable. Like two best friends, just enjoying each others' company.

It honestly felt like I'd known Elena Gates forever. Yet, it had only been a few days. We barely knew anything about each other, only small things. She didn't even know my last name. But that didn't matter. We were close; And I liked that.

I smiled inwardly as she pulled the lone ponytail holder of off her wrist, and pulled it over to one side. After tightly braiding it, she wrapped the elastic around the bottom of it, securing her hair.

"You know, if we don't get out of here soon, we're gonna starve," She said, after my stomach rumbled. Embarrassed, I just nodded, my cheeks becoming slightly pink.

Suddenly, her eyes lit up, "I've got an idea," Elena said, standing up and walking over to the door.

"Boys?" She hollered through the door, putting her head close to it, so she could hear their voices.

"Yes?" Louis answered, his voice.

"I have an offer," She replied, authority and maturity in her tone.

"And that would be..." The lad prompted.

"Let us out, without any harm or otherwise foul play, and I will personally buy all of you dinner tonight," I was about to object, but quickly we heard shouts of agreement came from outside.

"Good! Now let us out, without touching us," Elena demanded.

The lock clicked open, and the door slowly slipped ajar.

She motioned for me to follow, to I got up and walked over. She tapped the door to push it open further, and we inched hesitantly into the room, where all four boys were sitting on my bed, covered in dry whipped cream.

When Elena caught sight of them, she started laughing hysterically.

"Yeah, that plan kind of backfired on us..." Liam trailed off, embarrassed.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go change," She said to us, giggling when Niall started licking some cream off the back of his hand.

"Okay!" We all bade goodbye, watching as Elena opened the door to my room, and walked out. I looked back to the boys, smiling. They gave me an expectant look, which confused me.

"What?" I asked, slightly defensively.

"Well... what happened?" They urged.

"Nothing happened," I replied, curious as to why they were asking.

"Zayyyn!" Harry whined, as Louis facepalmed.

"What?!" I repeated.

"You were supposed to make a move on her, man!" Haz said like it was obvious.

I just rolled my eyes at their childishness. I don't want to rush anything with Elena. She's special; she’s important to me.

"I'm taking a shower." I stated, grabbing some clothes from my still packed suitcase, and walking back to the bathroom, ignoring their remarks about Elena and I.

I undressed, turned on the warm water, and stepped in. I started to belt out the lyrics to random songs, not caring if the boys hurt.

My feelings for Elena were increasing dangerously quickly. And I'm not sure how much longer I can suppress them.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, short author's note, I CAN DO THIS!

Little Things by One Direction on the side, GAHHHH ASJFKLKAS TOO PERFECT FOR WORDS.

Any words of encouragement for NaNoWriMo? Please? And is anyone else doing it? WE CAN BE WRITING BUDDIES! :D

LOVE YOURSELF, LOVE YOUR FAMILY, LOVE YOUR FRIENDS! OH, AND BE KIND TO EACH OTHER! :D HAVE A LOVELY DAY!

 ~G xx