Chapter 23

A/N: I'm so nervous that I'm shaking right now... Ohhh nooo...

JADE AND I SIGNED UP FOR THE SCHOOL TALENT SHOW, I'M PANICKING, I SUCK AT SINGING, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO, PEOPLE ARE GONNA LAUGH AT ME O.O

Urgh >.< Oh, AND WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I ALWAYS TURN INTO A SOCIALLY AWKWARD WALRUS WHENEVER MY CRUSH IS AROUND?!?! I just shouldn't be allowed to ever leave my house >.<

AAAAANYWAAAAAAY, tweet me @MusicGleeAnd1D! :D

Dedication goes to Hunter_of_Artemis for her hilarious comment xD

~Grace xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                       ***Elena's P.O.V.***

 My heart was heavy in my chest. I felt like I was being suffocated. I felt like I couldn’t breath.

 I laid there on my bed, a blanket pulled up around my neck, the room dark, and the silence piercing, as I drowned in my own sorrow.

 I knew that it was wrong to be this depressed. I knew that the tears streaming down my face shouldn’t be there.

 I’d never been one to cry at the drop of a pin. In fact, the only time I had ever cried since my childhood days, was when my mom told me that my dad was gone. Tears wouldn’t fix anything, I knew that then, and I know that now, but I just couldn’t help it. I had lost something, something that meant a lot to me.

 I loved those boys. I still do. They were the ones that could always brighten my day, that could make me smile no matter how down in the dumps I was. But now, it felt like all of that was fake.

 I had told Zayn about my father. He knew things about me, that no one knew. I trusted him, and he returned that trust. But he had lied to me. They all had lied to me.

 Yes, I understand that they probably had their reasons. Maybe they didn’t want me to freak out, or expose where they were, or whatever. The thing that hurt, was that, after they got to know me, after they knew the person that I was, they still didn’t trust me enough to tell me.

 It was probably a little harsh of me to be like this, when they probably thought that everyone knew them. I doubt they had ever run into a person who didn’t know who they were, so they didn’t know how to handle it. But that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have told me.

 I wasn’t as much angry at them, as I was disappointed with them. Especially Zayn.

 One of the worst things about liking someone, about really, really liking someone, is that even when they screw up royally, and have lost your trust, you still like them. It would be much easier for me to sit there and hate Zayn, than it was to try to hate him, even though I knew I never could.

 If I was smart, I would forget about them entirely. I would walk away from our friendships, and never contact them ever again. But, me, being the stupid and lonely girl I am, I did nothing.

 Because I knew them just as well as they knew me. And I knew that they were not the kind of boys who gave up without a fight.

 My phone started beeping from inside my pocket, and it made me jump. I reached down, feeling for it, and pushing away the bed covers that were getting in my way. As much as I hoped it was my mom, I had a guess to who it really was.

 When I finally got it out of my pocket, and brought it up to my face, my arms escaping from my nest of comforters, names flashed across my screen.

 ‘24 New Messages, 13 Missed Calls’ it read. Suddenly, a picture of Zayn popped up; He was calling me.

 My finger lingered over the Decline button, but I pressed it, as I felt my heart crack a little bit more. I just couldn’t deal with all of it. I needed to think right now.

 Turning my phone all the way off, I tossed it onto the bed across from mine, and snuggled further into my bed, as a fresh batch of tears came.

                                                                                       :~:~:

                                                                           ***Zayn’s P.O.V.***

 I wiped the tears out of my eyes, and tried again to call her. But, just like every other time, there was no answer.

 “Guys, it’s going straight to voicemail, she’s not gonna answer.” Liam announced, his voice sounding as deflated and lifeless as the rest of us.

 “We really screwed up.” Louis commented sadly, leaning his head on Harry’s shoulder.

 Harry didn’t look very well either. I knew him, almost as well as I knew myself, and if there’s one thing he can’t stand, it’s letting his friends down. I could see how badly this was affecting him.

 “What are we going to do?” Niall asked, sounding hopeless, not being his usual optimistic self.

 “We have to get her back,” I spoke up, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room.

 “But how?” Liam wondered, and we all sat in deep thought for a moment.

 “I think I have an idea...” I trailed off, suddenly having a lightbulb moment, and gaining the boys’ attention.

“What is it?”

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Short, I know, but I promise next chapter will be longer!!!!!!!!!! :) ~Grace xx