Acknowledgements

Before I start this thank you, I would like you all to know how much of a difference you’ve made in my life. Whether you commented, voted, or just read my story, you’ve given me something that’s hard to earn, in my opinion. You have given me courage. Courage to do what I love, (which is writing) courage to be myself, and courage to take risks, because sometimes they will end up making my life 100% better like you all have.

Next, I would like to thank a few certain people, in no specific order.

First of all, thank you to Bel. Without her, I probably wouldn’t know how to click the ‘Save & Publish’ button, let alone do anything else creative on Wattpad. She gave me advice when I was in desperate need of it, and she helped me be brave enough to actually post something. Thank you.

Thank you Hannah. She inspired me, and she’s such an amazing, strong person. She’s been a friend to me, tweeted me pictures Louis, (and that REALLY brightens my day ;D) and she is always there for me. Hannah’s willing to stick up for me, and that really means a lot. She gave me a chance, when most people just brush me aside. Thank you.

Thank you Pand. She’s really been a lot of help to me. When I can’t make a decision she pushes me in the right direction, she’s showed me some of my, now, favorite songs. She’s helped me through writers block, joked around with me when I needed a laugh, and given me an honest opinion when I didn’t trust my own instincts. Thank you.

Thank you Isabelle. She helped me survive school, I probably would’ve had a breakdown if it wasn’t for her. She gave me hope that things could get better, when I had none at all, and she were there for me, even though she didn’t even know me. She should realize that what she does really helps people. Thank you.

Thank you Jade, for being my editor, my inspiration, and most of all, my best friend. I wouldn’t have been able to get through everything I have without her. I trust her with my life, she’s one of the few people who understands and accepts my obsessions with things like One Direction, and The Vampire Diaries. She likes me, for me. She’s one of the reasons that I drag my butt out of bed every morning, and hold on to the little hope I have of my life getting back on track. Thank you.

Thank you Emily. She’s helped me with my magpie syndrome, (;D) she’s always there when I need her, and she never fails to make me smile. Her laughter is contagious, and always cheers me up. She calms me down, when I’m about to have a panic attack, and always has my back. Thank You.

Thank you Ellie. She’s been with me since the second grade, she stayed when my other friends forgot me. She’s able to brighten up a room just by walking into it. I love her, I always have, and I always will.  One day, when she has kids, I hope I can be that crazy aunt who always brings them candy, and tells them insane stories. :) Thank You.

Thank you Olivia. There have been times where I wasn't myself, and I couldn't figure out how to get back to the girl I really am. You truly inspire me, with how you're able to be yourself without fault. I wish I was as open about who I am as you are, but I'm glad to have you as a friend. Thank You.

And lastly, thank you to everyone reading this right now. My hedgehogs. The ones who made my dreams come true. You stuck with me, even when I had that horrible month of solid writers block, you didn’t stop reading. Without you, I would just be a girl sitting at her computer, a dream in her head, her heart on her sleeve, waiting, hoping, for someone to realize that she’s more than the goody-two-shoes freak who everyone thinks she is. You’ve made my life a hell of a lot better, and I’m not sure you even know it.

Some days at school have been so bad I just felt like crying. I would hide my emotions from my friends, not wanting to worry them. Hoping for some sort of pick-me-up, I would check my email on my iPod, and seeing all of your wonderful comments was the only way I survived it. Without you, I don’t know how I could even fathom making it through those sort of days.

I’ve changed a lot during my time on Wattpad so far. I remember the first time I got the idea for this story:

I was on vacation in, you guessed it, Duluth, Minnesota with my parents and brother. It was a dreary day, my favorite kind, and this was about a month after my bro showed me Wattpad. (I swear to god, I feel like I owe that boy my soul for showing me this) I’d had a few ideas for stories here and there, not any good ones, though. But, I was sitting on some rocks outside of my hotel, staring out at the water. That’s actually when I took the background picture on the cover of this story. I literally took that picture of the gray beach on my iPod, edited in the pic of Zayn using an app, then put in the title and stuff using a drawing app. Anyway, back to the story. I was sitting when my mom called me from down the beach, asking me to come to her. So, I got up, and ran at full speed over there, almost tripping on the sand. That night, while I was laying in my hotel room bed, I got an idea for a story about a girl who saved a famous pop star who she didn’t even know. And the name? I was listening to the Ron Pope song while going to sleep.

So, the next day, we drove out to a campsite called Goosebury Falls. It was rainy and cold, so I grabbed my laptop, and went walking, looking for a place to sit and type. I found this little cabin like place, that was warm, and had a single light. I spent almost all day everyday in that little cabin writing. Funny thing, I actually wrote in Elena finding out who they were in the FIFTH chapter. Soooo glad I thought better of that. xD

Thus begins the adventure that is my first ever finished book. A Drop In The Ocean.

I really don’t know how to properly thank all of you. Each and every one of my hedgehogs bring a smile to my face, and that means more than you could ever know. If there was a way I could thank all of you in person, I would. But, I can’t, so the best I can do is say this: Thank You. All of you.

Now, I shall leave you with these words:

Enjoy life. Have compassion. Trust your instincts. Take risks. Love with all your heart. And most of all, be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Love Always,
             Grace

P.S. And now, as the last page of A Drop In The Ocean is turned, I begin the next chapter of my life.

Also known as: The Cover Girls... A One Direction Fan Fiction.