Chapter 26

A/N: I KNOW IT'S SHORT, BUT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY. AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. :)

~Grace xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                  ***Zayn’s P.O.V.***

 As soon as my head hit my pillow, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep.

 Elena was finally within reach. She knew my secret know, and she didn’t care. I always thought that Elena wouldn’t be the kind of person who really cared who you were, or what you do, and I was glad that I had assumed correctly. She wanted to be my friend because I was me, not because I was Zayn Malik of One Direction.

 I felt free; Like I was floating.

 Until now, being anything more than a friend with her had been pretty much out of the question, no matter how much I longed for her touch. But, since she found out about who I really was, there wasn’t anything standing in our way. We were free to do what we pleased.

 However, that pessimistic voice in my brain wouldn’t shut up; Telling me that Elena didn’t have any feelings for me, and that I wasn’t right for her. Which, if I’m being honest with myself, might be true.

 But, it was too late to do anything about my feelings for the beautiful girl; I was already wrapped around her little finger, even though she had no idea.

 I had to at least try. I mean, what did I have to lose? Sure, maybe it wouldn’t work out, but how would I know if I didn’t give it shot? I’d rather live my life knowing that it didn’t work out, rather than wondering if it could.

 Elena; Everything about her was amazing. Her deep brown eyes, her wonderful attitude about life; She radiated positivity. There was something enchanting about her.

 I’ve never quite understood all of those cliche Hollywood love stories. Yes, I know that love is real, and I know that it makes some people do crazy things, but I never thought that I would be one of those people. That is, up until a dark haired girl walked into my life, or rather, saved it.

 I can honestly say that I would do just about anything for Elena. I trusted her with my life.

 I loved that little glint in her eyes that appeared whenever she saw water; Her passion for what she loved was inspiring.

 I loved how she would do anything for her friends and family; Whatever she could do to make them happy, was what she did.

 I loved that she was sometimes level headed, and other times, silly. That she was capable of knowing when, and when not,to be a jokester.

 The list of things about her that had my mind reeling was endless. I could go on and on about her forever if I had to.

 I felt my heart swelling inside my chest at the mere thought of Elena. My skin felt like it was tingling, as I imagined her gentle touch.

 As I wedged myself further into my fluffy bed, closing my eyes, and pulling the comforter tight around my cold body, I realized that there was only one word to describe what I was feeling.

One word that both terrified me, and excited me at the same moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, so if all goes as planned, this story should have about... maybe, 7 more chapters? Around that? :) Good!

AND BE PATIENT YOUNG GRASSHOPPERS, EVEN I CAN SMELL ZELENA APPROACHING QUICKLY IN THE DISTANCE :D

Dedicated to kitso27 because I really liked her comparison of Zayn to a protective animal :D Clever one, you are!

This might be my last update for a bit :/ I won't have a lot of time to post, with the Christmas holidays and all :( But never fear, I'll get one up as soon as I can!!!! :)

Happy Holidays!!!

~Grace xx