Chapter 29

A/N: How are all of my lovely fans doing today? :D Good, I hope?

This chapter is dedicated to sheepsongnothing because I absolutely loved her comment!! It was very thoughtful, and helped a ton! It really does make an impact when you guys tell me what you think about my story, so please, all thoughts are welcome!!

HEY, YOU! YES, YOU! To all the ghost writers out there, c'mon! Join the conversation! We won't bite! :D

Follow me on Twitter @MusicGleeAnd1D!! Sometimes there are sneak peaks! ^.^ Oh, and don't forget to tweet me and tell me that you read my story, so I can follow and talk to you!! :D

~Grace xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                   ***Elena’s P.O.V.***

 I watched as Zayn drove away into the night, my feet unable to move, and my heart unable to stop beating like a drum.

 My body was frozen in place. The wheels in my mind spinning rapidly, as my heartbeat was erratic.

 Without another thought, or rather, pushing away all of my thoughts about what had just happened, I rushed to push open the door of my apartment building. I made my way to the elevator, my face blank and void of any emotion. However, to my agitation, a sign on the sleek, silver doors alerted me that the machine was out of order. Just my luck.

 With a sigh of frustration I walked swiftly across the specked, tiled floor to the entrance of the stairs. Today was not a good day to live on the twelfth floor.

 As I climbed the steep staircase, my hand gliding across the metal handrail, small beads of sweat forming on my forehead, thoughts of Zayn seeped into my brain, and past the walls of stone I had built to keep them out.

 By the time I was standing in front of the door to my apartment, room 12E to be exact, I was dizzy from thoughts of the black haired boy; And also from scaling the many steps leading to where I stood.

 Tired physically, tired mentally, and tired emotionally, I leaned my back against the door, instead of going inside. I could feel the algid mahogany wood through my thin shirt, causing another batch of goosebumps to flare up across my skin.

 Zayn. Just the thought of his name sent chills down my spine. I didn’t understand what was going on between us, or if there was even anything to begin with. Ugh, why is this so frustrating?!

 With a grunt of displeasure, I turned around, pulling my key out of my back pocket. I shoved the key in the lock, all patience long gone, along with my sanity.

 “Elena?” A voice asked as soon as I stepped through the door, causing my head to shoot up, meeting the curious eyes of my mother.

 “Oh, mom, hey,” I replied, taking a deep breath, trying to calm my startled heartbeat.

 “What wrong, sweetie?” She asked, concerned, immediately aware of my odd mood.

 “Nothing, it’s nothing,” I said, trying to assure myself more than her.

 “Elena, I can see that something’s wrong,” She said, taking hold of my hand in hers, leading me the couch in the middle of my living room to sit down.

 “What is it? You can tell me anything, honey.”

 “Well...” I paused, before bursting out with everything I had to say, and had been keeping inside of me for so long. “I’m just so confused about everything! I didn’t know who the boys really were until recently, and I understand why they lied, and I’ve accept their apologies for not telling the whole truth, so I thought we were all okay; Which we are. But I’m so lost about what is going on between Zayn and I, or if there even is anything! I mean, sometimes it seems like we’re only friends, but others, it feels like there’s something more there, you know? And every time I’m near him, or even think about him, I get these strange tingles in my stomach, and feel weird all over. What am I supposed to do?! If my feelings aren’t mutual, than I might lose one of my best friends, but if they are, then... Oh, I just don’t know!”

 I had to take a few breaths to get more oxygen in my lungs, as it had all been used up during my rant. My mom gave me a small smile, laying a soft pat on my hand.

 “Sweetie,” She said, “It’s obvious that you like him, and just by the way he acted around you this morning, I can tell that he feels something for you, too. I know what you’re feeling right now might seem confusing and not worth the struggle, but trust me when I tell you that it’s all worth it in the end. You’ll never know if you two are meant to be together unless you try. Yes, there is a chance that it might not work out, but that’s better than wondering if it could have.”

 “How do you know?” I asked quietly.

 “Because what you’re feeling now, is what I felt when I was about your age; When I met your father.”

 At the sound of my dad, my head shot up. We never really talked about him; We weren’t ashamed or anything, it was just a sore spot.

 “Really?” I questioned, feeling less lost than before, thanks to my mom and her ultimate wisdom.

 “Yes,” My mother replied, looking me straight in the eyes. “Now, I want you to go up to your room, and go to bed. You’ve had a stressful day, and you could use the rest.

 “Thanks, mom.” I said, standing up with a grin plastered across my face.

 “Anytime, Elena.” I kissed her on the cheek, then ran up the stairs into my room.

 “Oh, and by the way,” She called up with a smirk, making me pause to look back. “I definitely like the boys. Especially Zayn.”

 Her words made my smile grow even wider, as I hurried to get undressed and into bed.

 With a newly lightened heart, I jumped into my soft, comfy bed, immediately relaxing against the plush sheets.

 Everything will work out in the end I repeated over and over again in my head.

It will all be okay.