Sunset

"Gabe, tapatin mo nga ako," Liza asked her cousin as they sat down on the dining table of the suite. Naliligo si Susannah after their early morning yoga session kaya nagpasya syang kausapin ang kanyang pinsan. "May problema ba si Innah?"

"Huh?" Gabriel looked at his cousin after taking a sip of coffee.

"Nagkekwento ba sya sayo about anything?"

"Bakit? May sinabi ba sya sa yo?"

"Wala nga kaya nagtatanong ako sa yo."

"May problema ba?"

"No, in fact, she's so happy here in Boracay, kaya lang parang nararamdaman ko na may problema sya. Babae rin ako...call it women's intuition."

"She hasn't said anything to me, but believe me, I'm doing everything I can to make her happy."

"Her mood shifts all the time eh; from happy to wistful. LIke gusto nya maging masaya, pero something is holding her back. She always says na baka isang magandang panaginip lang ang lahat ng nangyayari sa kanya and at any time gigising na sya sa katotohanan. Do you know what that's about?"

"Ang alam ko lang ay she grew up on the streets and everything is so new to her. Wala syang pamilya, wala syang tirahan, and I never want her to go back there ever again."

"What are you saying, cous?" nagtaas ng kilay si Liza sa kanyang pinsan. "Are you saying na this is a serious relationship?"

"Nagdududa ka pa rin ba?" Gabriel smirked at her. "I love Innah with all my heart. Ayokong mag isip ng too far into the future, but all I know is I want her in it. I want her in my future."

"Awwww, I'm so happy! Grabe, akala ko talaga you will just be forever a playboy...or worse, forever in an illicit relationship with Ella," Liza said with a roll of her eyes.

"Shhhh," saway ni Gabriel sa pinsan nya. "Innah doesn't need to know that!"

"Well, I'm just glad that's over because ew," maarteng sabi ni Liza. "I don't know how you could stomach that."

"It was a twisted sort of revenge on my dad."

"Seriously, ew. I'm so glad you came to your senses! Botong boto ako kay Innah, cous," nag two thumbs up sign si Liza.

"Can we just bury that in the past?" he threw his hands up in the air.

"Okay, fine with me!" sarkastikong sabi ni Liza.

Susannah stepped out into the living room with a yellow sleeveless sundress and her hair wrapped up in a towel. She walked up to Gabriel first to kiss him on the cheek and greet him a good morning bago umupo na sa tabi ni Liza.

"O, bakit ang seryoso ninyong dalawa?" she looked from one cousin to the other.

"Inaasar ko lang ang pinsan ko," nakangiting sabi ni Liza.

"Last day na natin dito, babe. What do you want to do?" Gabriel asked his girlfriend.

"Ins, magpa-braid tayo ng buhok, gusto mo?"

"Sige ba! Ang gaganda nga nung buhok nung mga foreigner na nakikita ko sa beach eh."

"Pero huwag yung buong ulo ha, ayokong magmukhang alien," hagikgik ni Liza. "Yung side braid, ang ganda."

"Okay," nakangiti ding sabi ni Susannah.

"Sige, alis muna ako at ng makaligo na rin. See you later," nagbeso si Liza kay Susannah at umalis na.

"O, natahimik ka na dyan?"

"Ang ganda mo."

"Heh!" natawa si Susannah. "May kasalanan ka ba sa akin?"