Prologue

Susannah heard gun shots being fired from behind them and she screamed and instinctively covered her ears. She ran as fast as she could, her legs tingling, her lungs on fire. She looked back at Jason who was slowing down behind her. She went back to him and put his arm over her shoulder to help him up on his feet. It was then she noticed that he had been shot on the back of his left thigh and was bleeding profusely.

"Suze, kailangan mo na akong iwanan. I'll surrender...I'll surrender...tumakbo ka na. Lumayo ka na dito. Hindi na ko makakatakbo..."

"No! Halika na! Tumayo ka, Jase! Tutulungan kita. Hindi kita iiwanan dito!" she began crying, her tears running a black line from her mascarad eyelashes down her rosy cheeks.

"Alis na...tumakbo ka na. Tumakbo ka ng mabilis na mabilis. Basta alam kong safe ka, okay na ako. Please, Suze, kailangan mo ng lumayo dito."

"Hindi ko kaya! Hindi kita iiwan dito! Please, Jase, tumayo ka na. Tutulungan kita," she trembled as she spoke.

"Suze, mahal kita. Pag bilang ko ng tatlo, takbo, okay?" he pleaded with her, his forehead resting on her forehead.

"Babalikan kita, Jase. Ilalabas kita. Pinapangako ko sa yo! Gagawin ko ang lahat. Mahal din kita!"

She gave him a kiss on the lips before he counted down to three. She looked at him one last time before running around the corner of the building to hide from the men who were chasing them. She took one last look at Jason who had his hands up in the air and was slowly getting down on his knees, a dozen men pointing their guns in his direction.

"Ilalabas kita, Jase. Promise," she whispered as she watched the horrifying scene in front of her.

She blew him a kiss before running as fast as she could to get to safety.