Chapter 14

The wind tugged at my furred hoodie, the sky dark-grey above our heads as we took a break from trekking.

I looked out at the barren snow landscape, the weaving hills and slopes making it look like the waves of the sea had frozen in place.

I cringed as the wind blasted an ice cold breeze into my face.
"I hate cold wind", I mumbled to myself. I have never liked it at all.

The rouge frost giants and frost wolves decided to not waste time in carrying out their plan, so we had left Loki's castle that morning to go find Fenrir and his dwellings. According to Vagslath we were almost to where Fenrir was.

"Let get moving again." called Vagslath.

We continued to walk from our short break. I followed along with the other frost giants and frost wolves, still in thought.

I wasn't even sure if I wanted to release Fenrir. He was bound with magical chains that would tighten if he tried to struggle free. And even if he was set free, who of the frost giants would be able to control him?

Why would I release him? I had nothing to gain, nothing to loose, but I still felt somewhat uneasy about it.

Loki...

I narrowed my eyes, the fury within me starting to seeth. Loki had brought this upon himself. He had betrayed me. He had used me.

Movement from the distance caught my eye, making me stop to look. In the sky was a single dark winged animal, circling in the dark sky. All of the suddenly it flew straight, heading directly to our way.

I frowned, it was certainly curious, but it created a feeling of déjà vu.

"What are you doing? Come along now." Kaztu growled next to me, breaking my sight on the bird. I looked over to see Vagslath and Kaztu looking at me suspiciously.

Vagslath looked towards the direction I was previously looking at and laughed under his breath. "My my... It seems like that filth Loki decided to chase after us alone. How dumb can he be?"

My eyes widened as I snapped my sight back to the bird. Of course! Loki was using his hawk form!

Loki was nearing ever closer with each wing beat. I couldn't help but stare at him with uncertain feelings as Vagslath ordered the rouges to prepare themselves. Kaztu stood by my side along with some other rouge frost wolves.

"Archers, prepare to fire when he nears." Vagslath ordered. Three frost giants prepared their bows, all that was left was to wait for Loki to come.

Why..., I thought to myself, slightly sad and irked. What do you gain from coming out here alone Loki? The hawk was now a few hundred feet away.

"Fire" Vagslath hissed.

Ice-arrows flew across the sky, whizzing straight towards Loki. He swooped and dodge the oncoming arrows but shrieked out when one hit his wing, making him fall. There was a flash of green magic as the hawk hit the snow a few yards away.

The flurry of blown up snow had started to settle down when the figure of Loki rose from the snow. He started to walk to our direction, then stopped, his long black hair swaying in the direction of the wind.

Neither side said anything as the wind picked up, the archers still drawn at Loki. The frosts wolves fur were stood up and the frost giants had their weapons on hand. Vagslath had his hand on his dagger on his side belt, his blood eyes glaring at Loki's green ones.

"Give her back." Loki commanded darkly.

"And if I refuse?" Vagslath challenged.

Cold fury burned in Loki's eyes. "Then die." He spat. Loki threw his head back and howled to the sky, the loud sound resonating in my ears, making me flinch.

When I opened my eyes I stared at Loki confused, as did the other frost giants and frost wolves. Kaztu perked his ears in surprise. Then I heard it.
Running. There was something coming our way.

There was green flowing energy, making our attention return to Loki, his scepter forming in his hand. "This is the end for you." he said to Vagslath.

An army of frost wolves appeared on the top of the snow hill behind Loki, their fur spiked out and growly threatenly. I spotted a familiar grey and white wolf.

"You're journey ends here traitors!" Darsvk growled.

Vagslath grabbed me from my furred cape pulling me forcefully towards him, I gulped as he pressed his dagger against my throat. "I think I would say your journey ends here...forever." Vagslath laughed at Loki and Darsvk.

Loki and the wolves froze in their positions, making Vagslath smile. "Kaztu... Follow me. The rest of you..." he glared up to Darsvk's wolf pack. "Kill them all."

"RAAARRR!!!" The rouges started to charge at Loki and Darsvk's pack teeth curled and weapons drawn.

I yelped as I was thrown over Vagslath shoulder as he started to run the opposite way of the battle with Kaztu by his side.

Darsvk's pack met the rouges and started to fight viciously, all of them growing and barking as they clashed.

I watched them with wide eyes as the sight of them was shrinking, the battle sounds starting to become distanced. The frost giants seemed to have the advantage as they cut down opposing frost wolves but one was over taken by a group of frost wolves being bitten and slashed.

The dark figure of Loki was shown for a few seconds as he stabbed his opponents. My heart jumped as he flipped around and starred at me. His attention to me was short as three rouge frost wolves started to attack him.

The view of the battle was blocked as Vagslath ran further into the hills, the land had starting to slope gradually downward.

I could hear nothing but the wind whistling in my ears as Vagslath and Kaztu ran. I buried my face in my furred cape to keep from getting too cold. Vagslath and Daravk ran on and on for what seemed like forever, probably for 10 to 15 minutes before they actually slowed to a walk.

I looked over my shoulder to see where we were headed. We stood on a piece of tundra where it was flat unlike the rest of the surrounding area.

Vagslath put me down and I straighten out my clothes, Kaztu walking out a little farther.

Vagslath stared out at the area. "We're here."