Chapter 21

Warm sunlight washed over my face as I shifted under the soft covers. I sleepily opened my eyes looking at the canopy above me, designed with golden imprints of vines and leaves waving in and out of each other.

Wide awake, I realized I was in a unfamiliar but beautiful large room.
The tall glass window next to me was open, its curtains shifting every now and then as a cool breeze passed through. And looking at the bright sky, I could tell it was about late afternoon.

There was a groan and movement besides me making me freeze. An arm draped across my stomach and a hand tucked under my side.

I lifted up the covers to reveal Loki beside me.

I blushed furiously. "Loki! Why are you cuddling with me?!"

Loki opened his eyes and when he saw me he smiled warmly. "Ah! Glad to see you're finally awake. It's almost been two days sinced you've passed out." He moved up so his head would rest in the pillow next to mine, our faces inches away.

"Two days?" I asked in disbelief.

"Mmhmm" Loki hummed as he used his hand that was on my back to turn me to my side, to face him better. "You used a great deal of your power all at once, making you pass out."

My power?

The memories started to come back to me. Fenrir, Thor, Loki bleeding, Jormungand...me defeating them.

"Oh right..." I said. "How about you Loki? You lost a lot of blood back there."

"Oh, I'm recovering greatly." He said as he shifted closer to me, his whole arm along my back. He had started to lightly rub my back. "The mixture of several healing techniques and magic helped me seal up my wounds. The nurses told me to take another day off so I can let the rest of my wounds heal naturally."

Excited tingles shivered pleasurably on my skin as Loki rubbed the sweet spot on my back, running his hand back and forth on my aching shoulders.

I closed my eyes, enjoying this small pleasure, my face warm. "What happens next?" I asked in a whisper.

Loki brought the arm that was around me towards him, pressing me against his body, his legs intertwining with mine. "What ever you want." Loki mumbled.

My breath was taken away as Loki pressed his lips upon mine, deeply and cravingly. Tingles and shivers traveled through my body. His kiss was so good, so perfect in every way he loved me.

I returned his kiss, wrapping my arms around him and closing whatever gap was between us, our legs teasing each other.

"Loki, are you in here again?" Someone said from the door.

I broke away from Loki, him giving a quiet moan of displeasure.

Thor stood at the door, his face brightened when he saw me. "Kerry you're awake!" Thor walked over to the bedside. "How are you faring?"

"I'm doing great, thank you." I replied smiling back at him.

Loki sighed agitatedly as he got out of the queen sized bed. "Bad timing Thor." He growled lowly.

Thor rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Anyway... we will be having a big feast this evening in celebration for you saving Asgard."

"A celebration?" I gasped in awe as I sat up in bed. "For me? Awe...you didn't have too."

"Please, It's the least I can do." Thor said smiling warmly. "You may do what you want with your time until then."

"Thank you Thor." I said.

Thor smiled happily before going to the door "No, thank you... Until then."He left, closing the door as he left the room.

"So!" Loki called. He was over by a dresser drawer taking off his night shirt. "What do you want to do until the dinner?" he asked as he put the shirt in the drawer and then rummaged through the clothes closet.

"Well..."I said in thought. I removed the covers and slipped off the bed. "First off, I could really use a shower. And second..." I tugged at the lacy night gown I was wearing. "Did you do this?"

Loki smiled to himself not even hiding the guilt.

I blushed angrily. "Not my style...and inappropriate." I commented. It was low cut in the front and back, the soft fabric hugged my features.

Loki walked over to me, looking at me up and down, and put his arms around me." I think it looks wonderful on you. You're mine after all."

"Oh shut up."I chuckled half-jokingly as I pushed him away, blushing. "Now where is the shower?" I could see the fine red lines of the scratches Loki endured on his skin.

Loki held up a finger. "First off...Asgard has no showers, it has baths. And second..." Loki grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. "You must invite me with you." he murmured in my ear.

I blushed furiously, at lost for words. This only encouraged Loki as the world faded around us and we ended up at a stone bathing room with an open balcony overlooking high above the ocean.

"You little mischievous god you." I murmured back. "In your dreams."

Loki frowned. "oh common, it's been years since we-"

"No is no." I said sternly. I reached up and pecked his lips with a kiss. "How about you pick out my clothes for the dinner while I bathe, that should give you something to do while you wait for me."

Loki sighed disappointedly. "Fine..." He hugged me tightly before he left.

I smiled to myself. Loki was the same, no matter where or what he did.