Chapter 22

"Good to see you're up and walking again."

"Yah" I said smiling. "Will you be coming to the feast?"

Heimdall looked at me apologetically with his golden eyes. "No. It is my duty to be standing here. I must watch for danger and evil that would try to befall Asgard."

"Ah..." I said a bit disappointed.

After I had taken my bath and changed into the new clothes I was given, I decided to kill time by going around Asgard. Going to see Heimdall at the Bifrost.

A curious thought occurred to me. "Wait... You were the one that sent me to Jotunheim...why after all these years of Loki and me being separated?"

"I could see the trouble that was rising in Jotunheim. I could tell that Asgard was in danger...so..."He glanced at me. "I sent you there."

"But I was the one who set Fenrir free, not the rouges." I reasoned with him.

"It was time." Heimdall said. "You see... I've been watching you ever since King Loki told me to. I didn't doubt that you would succeed in bringing Fenrir and Jormungand down. I saw the trouble and decided it was time for you to come back is all."

"Well then..." I huffed. I gazed out to the calm water, the orange-pink evening light glowing in the waves. A relaxation came over me. "I thank you for that."

I have always felt like I was being watched over, and with my memories back I can now see why.

I turned to the Bifrost, which got activated, the dome rotating and a beam of light shooting from it out to the galaxy. After the dome had stopped, Loki appeared from the opening with frost wolves trailing out along side him.

I smiled as a familiar dark gray and white wolf appeared. "Darsvk!" I greeted. "I'm so glad you're here."

His yellow eyes met mine, his tail flicked. He walked up to me bowing his head. "Oh great and powerful one, we are in your debt. Not have you only saved us from the terror Fenrir but have retuned the Moonstone safely as well."

"Ah Darsvk, you don't have to be so formal with me." I said to him. I put my hand on his head, his fur cool but surprisingly soft. Darsvk flattened his ears as if embarrassed to be petted.

"Follow me." Loki said walking ahead down the Bifrost. "I will show you guys to the feast hall."

We followed him on the main road to the palace, the golden setting sun casting a brilliant light on it's organ-like structure. We entered the palace court yards where a few guards stood as Asgardian gods and goddesses started to come to the feasting hall.

Tall pillars stretched up above our heads to hold up the huge roof. Beautiful music was being played by the musicians, the smell of hot fresh food filling my senses.

As we passed by, the Asgardians would bowed and give their greetings to Loki. They made way for the frost wolves to pass through, some casting uneasy glances.

We finally made it to our table, which was at the far end, closest to the palace. Loki pulled back a chair for me and let sit before he sat in his chair next to mine. The frost wolves took their respective spots around the table, where chairs have been removed especially for them, and sat patiently, Darsvk sitting on the other side if me.

We waited as the feasting hall was filling up with guests.

I looked at Darsvk, "I never asked but, what happened when you and your pack was fighting the frost giants before Fenrir was released?"

Darsvk sniffed, "Loki hogged most of the glory. He was able to use his magic to weaken the rouges for us to beat them. Most had run away after they realized they were losing."

"And what of Kaztu?" I asked a bit curious.

"Kaztu and Vagslath returned only to see their fallen comrades." Dasrvk said. "My pack surround them and they were forced to surrender. Loki has them locked away as we speak in his dungeon."

"Ahh..." I was afraid that Fenrir has gone to destroy Darsvk and his pack first, but obviously he didn't. I smiled at Darsvk comfortingly, " It's good to know you and your pack has restored peace." Darsvk nodded in agreement.

"Hmm looks like its time to start." Loki said. The feasting hall has now filled up. Asgardians were greeting and mingling with each other and laughing. Loki waved over a servant. "Go ahead and disperse the food."

The sound of horns trumpeted as Thor emerged from the palace, he stood at the top of the stairs of the platform that stood a few feet over the dining floor. The people hushed to silence so Thor could speak.

"My dear Asgardians! Gods, Goddesses and Guests alike, We hold this feast in honor of those who saved us from the threat of Fenrir and Jormungand!" Thor said proudly, he gestured his arm in my direction, glancing in my direction and smiled warmly. The crowed clapped in appreciation.

"Come on my dear." Loki whispered in my ear. I blinked in surprise as he took my arm he made me stand up with him. My face grew warm as Loki put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, as he smiled at the guests putting his other hand up in gratitude for their appreciation. Dazed at the attention I smiled awkwardly and waved out to the applauding gods.

We sat back down and Thor continued. "What they did for us will never be forgotten, so please, let us feast!" The Asgardians cheered and the food was set out on all the tables for feasting. The frost wolves were given Asgardian deer and pig.

Thor came over to our table, pulling himself a chair for a spot across from me and Loki. "So how is it?" Thor asked smiling quiet impressed with himself.

"Oh the food is wonderful." I responded warmly gazing at all the delicious looking dishes spread on the huge table. "You could never get food like this anywhere else that's for sure."

Thor smiled happily. "It is all for you after-all, you indeed are a hero among us all, and a dear friend." I blushed slightly from his words but felt happy otherwise. "Alas, I must be off, I see some of my comrades, I shall commerce with them." Thor stood leaving me and Loki to ourselves with the frost wolves.

Me and Loki ate together happily, talking about the past and what had happened in the time between we were no longer together. And it seemed there was more food on his plate than usual. Asgardian music played soothingly in the background as the gods chatted happily with each other, the night sky now being lit with beautiful flames of fire.

Loki then said there was something had to do, apologizing for having to leave me for a bit. after he had left I sat drinking as I watched the Asgardian gods enjoy themselves. it came to my mind that I was sad Heimdall couldn't come when an idea to go being him food struck me.

I got a large plater on which I put all sorts of goods and got up and left straight towards the Bifrost dome. Heimdall was a bit surprised to see me arrive.

I handed him the plater. "I was a bit sad that you couldn't come to eat with us so I brought this for you." I smiled gently at him as he took the plater.

"That is most kind of you." Heimdall gave a small smile. "I appreciate it, thank you." I smiled happily and turned to leave, walking to go out.

"Wait" Heimdall called to me.

I turned to face him, "hm?"

He opened his mouth as to say something but then closed it. "Make him happy" is all that came out.