Chapter 17

Vagslath and Kaztu had left moments after Fenrir, saying they no longer had any use for me.

I sat there still, on the cold hard ground, my arms bleeding and tears in my eyes. The physical pain was nothing to the emotional pain I was having.

I hated the fact I was left alone with Loki but yet I couldn't leave without him. He was my only way home.

I heard the gasp of pain from behind me as Loki tried to sit upright. My broken heart clenched at each sound that came from him.

I would of been surprised, even amazed, by the fact that I did have magic, since I used it to release Fenrir but...my feelings didn't allow it.

I whipped the tears from my eyes, trying to recuperate.

"Kerry..." Loki called ever so softly from behind me.

I clenched my fists. "Don't say my name like you know me!" I seethed.

There was silence, then a sigh. "We should get out of this building now." With a pained sound, Loki stood up. "Will you come with me or not?" there was blandness in his voice.

"I don't really have a choice here." I snapped back. "you're the only one who can get me home."

"Right" Loki replied stiffly. I heard his staggered foot step walk towards me. He stopped about a feet or two away next to me. He held his hand out to me, not bothering to look at me. "I will teleport us outside."

I stared at his hand, then decided it wasn't worth walking up all those stairs. I touched it and he grabbed the rest of my hand, helping me up off the ground. I barely had time to stand up straight when the world blurred around me and we ended up outside in the snow.

I tired to pull my hand away from Loki but he yanked me to him, his free arm wrapping around my waist and pressing me against him.

"Loki!" I said hotly. "What are you doing? let me go you pervert!"

He looked down on me expressionless, his eyes showing no warmth but a cold pierce of sadness.

There was a gleam in the sky and light came crashing down over us.

I gasped. It was the rainbow lights, the same as what happened to me when I first got here and this whole thing started!

Hope sparked in me. Was I finally going home?

Loki looked straight up and then we were suddenly taken away, flying at the speed of sound, the rainbow lights flying past us looking more magical than ever.

A flicker of sadness flared in me. Was this adventure was about to be over?

In another bright flash our feet touched solid ground. I looked around, expecting to be outside my house, but found that I was in a gold dome filled with gears on the walls. There was a man in gold armor in the middle if the room, stepping away from a sword that stuck up from the ground.

Loki let go of me, almost seemingly pushing me away from him, and started to walk away towards the gold armor guy.

"My Lord." the man bowed to Loki. "The healing maids are already here to fix your wounds."

Loki shook his head. "That won't be necessary Heimdall. I can heal myself, I will find an elixir to speed up the process. Any idea of where Fenrir is located?"

"He's gone to Niflheim. He is talking to Hel but she seems to be refusing him. He will soon go to Midgard to bring Jormungand here to Asgard."

"Thank you Heimdall." Loki said. He started to walk towards the opening that led outside to what it seemed as a glowing bridge, also of rainbow colors.

"Hey, you're just going to leave me?" I cried out after him. "What are you going to do?"

Loki stopped mid stride. There was a moment of silence before he responded, not bothering to turn around to face me. "I'm going to stop Fenrir."

My eyes widened in shock. By himself?

"Heimdall..." Loki called.

"Yes?"

"Take her home. She is of no use." Loki stated blandly. He continued walking again as I starred after him in offense.

After Loki had gone out of the dome, Heimdall walked up to me. "Are you ready to leave?"

I blinked. I didn't know if I was ready to leave so suddenly.

Heimdall starred at me with his amazing golden eyes. He huffed then stood by me, looking out into the cosmos behind me. Whoa! the cosmos?!

"You know he did what he did to protect you." Heimdall said with a kind deep voice. I looked up at him in surprise. His eyes met mine for a moment before looking back out into the galaxy.

"Loki was a villain who tried to take over Migard...Earth... again, meeting you for the first time.He found the power of the darkness in your heart and decided to use that to make you into his weapon, but all the while of without you knowing it. After he was defeated, you decided to take him under your wing and try to change his heart. Again, he decided to use you as a weapon again, but lost control of you and your power."

"But by then..." Heimdall continued. He stared seriously at me. "He had fallen in love with you."

My eyes widened in shock, my face warming up.

"Loki realized that he was hurting you. He realized that there was someone he cared deeply for, and he was destroying that person." Heimdall said. "So... in order to protect the one he loved, he sealed up your power and erased all the memories you had of him."

"Loki, now the king of Jotunheim after paying for his crimes, had come to me at least every few days to check on how you were thriving. So you see..." Heimdall gave a small smirk. "Loki was only trying to protecting you from the harm he caused you those few years ago you were together."

I stood there, speechless. Loki loved me? I looked down at my hands deep in thought. He just wanted to protect me... no wonder he was so possessive of me. I blinked in realization that my arms were no longer hurting, so I pulled up the long sleeves to reveal that my cuts were healed. Tears pricked my eyes. Loki had healed me even though I was mad at him.

Heimdall suddenly stood to attention, staring at the cosmos with wide eyes. "Fenrir, he is coming!"