Chapter 7

Sudden fierce growls jolted me from my sleep.

Someone yelled and there was a crashing sound, vibrating against the rock walls, furious growls and barking followed after.

I jolted up, fear of what has arrived. I carefully peered around the rock barrier, ready for anything that might come to me.

A figure fought ferociously with the frost wolves, dodging and striking swiftly in attack. But one of the frost wolves easily attacked from behind the invader while he was occupied. The invader cried out in pain and quickly defended himself by jumping out of the fray and came attacking down on top of the frost wolf. His long raven black hair spun around with his movements.

"Loki!" I gasped. "Everyone stop!" The commotion halted as I came out running from behind my hiding place to the group.

Loki snapped his head to me and his furious gaze vanished like a wisp of smoke. "Kerry you're ok!" He let go of the wolf he was fighting and ran to me.

"Loki-" I started to say until Loki wrapped his arms around me tightly in a hug. My cheeks warmed up a little.

"You're safe..." He breathed shakily next to my ear. He tightened his grip around me.

"Loki...you are squishing me...can't breath right..." I gasped. Didn't Loki just yelled my name? I don't remember telling him it...

Loki loosened his hold of me "My apologies.." he mumbled. A low growl made Loki turn to face the biggest of the frost wolves.

"Step away from the maiden, she's ours." Darsvk growled lowly. "We found her first!"

"Ah..." Loki smiled slyly "But I was the first to capture her, so therefore she is souly mine." Loki smirk widened "It was a fair play pup, I won her first."

Darsvk eyes blazed and his tail bristled and lashed in fury. "If you didn't have the Midgardian hostage in your hands, I would shred you to pieces!" he snarled.

Loki laughed in sarcasm, but that made Darsvk more furious.

"Please don't fight you guys!" I pleaded. "Loki... these wolves are not the enemies. We should be working together!"

Loki frowned at me "But they tried to hunt you..."

"Only because we need her and her power to end the lives of rouges." Darsvk growled.

Surprise flashed in Loki eyes, then his gaze hardened. "I need her more than you." Loki's tone was hard and cold. "You do not have permission to take her and use her how you like."

Darsvk's fur bristled, and tension crackled between the two. "Lets fight for her then, you verses me." Darsvk challenged.

"Very well then" Loki said half humorly. He let go of me to face Darsvk. "If I win, she is mine to care for, and you and your pack become mine to control"

"And if I win, she is mine. And you will be my prisoner." Darsvk reflected back. "And no using magic during the fight!"

Loki laughed "Very well then!"

The two quickly went up the gorge to the outside before I could say anything to stop them. The other wolves trailed behind them to go watch.

"What? No you guys!" I yelled as I followed after them. "You can't do this!"I climbed up to the top where Loki and Daravk were taking their positions. "I can take care of myself fine, no one needs to own me..."

Loki looked back at me "You don't know anything about this place. There is no way you can survive on your own here. Besides..." Loki smirked "You need me."

I hopelessly gawked at him. He was right. I needed him to get me out of this place and back home.

"Now..."Loki faced Darsvk "Lets get this thing started shall we? and to make things even..." Loki threw off his furred cape. Magic flashed and condensed around Loki as he crouched on the ground, turning him into bright green light.

Loki's shape warped and in a final flash, there stood a black wolf with a dark grey underbelly running from under his jaw to his tail. I caught my breath of the beauty of him, even though he was smaller than Darsvk.

"Humor me" Darsvk grumbled "This means you have already lost the battle." Darsvk lashed his tail and lunged at Wolf Loki.

Wolf Loki dodged to the side, lashing out his claws at Darsvk along the way. Darsvk whipped around after Wolf Loki and jumped on top of him, claws scratching Wolf Loki down his back. Wolf Loki yelped and rolled onto his back, crushing Darsvk.

Darsvk clamped his jaws in the back of Wolf Loki's neck and tossed him aside. Wolf Loki regained his ground and barreled into Darsvk claws out stretched. Wolf Loki furiously scratched Darsvk's underbelly. Darsvk snapped at Wolf Loki's legs and flung himself at Wolf Loki, overpowering him.

There was a tumult of Wolf Loki fighting until Darsvk pinned him to the ground, digging his claws into the flesh of Wolf Loki's underbelly. Wolf Loki struggled under Darsvk weight but couldn't seem to break free.

Darsvk gave a wolfish smirk "I win." and with that Darsvk broke away from Wolf Loki and cantered away to the gorge.