Chapter 19

Blood splattered on the bridge.

My eyes shot opened to see someone standing over in front of me with Fenrir's jaws clamped down on his right arm.

"Loki..." My throat clogged and tears filled my eyes.

Fenrir growled and then clamped his jaws harder on Loki's arm, snapping his bones and making Loki cry out in excruciating pain.

Fenrir let go of Loki's arm then attacked Loki with his left claw, pushing Loki back, then with his right paw, slamming Loki to the bridge with his claws imbedded deeply into Loki's skin.

He started to slowly drag his claw across Loki's chest, making him scream, and stopped right before his heart. Mine and Loki's eyes widened in horror."Good-bye forever father!" Fenrir spat venomously.

"No!" There was a large crack as Thor's hammer slammed into Fenrir's head, making Fenrir fly off of Loki and crash into the water below. Thor stood over by Loki as his hammer returned to his hand.

"Sorry brother, I almost didn't make it in time." Thor said our of breath to Loki, concern in his eyes. "Don't worry, I'll end Jormungand soon."

Thor started to swing his hammer above him. The wind started to pick up and dark clouds began to gather and rumble dangerously. Thunder crackled and flashed in the storm clouds above. Thor threw his hammer at blinding speed at Jormungand's head, barely giving anytime for the snake to react as he moved and the hammer hit his neck. Lightning crashed down onto Jormungand on impact, lighting up the sky.

After the light disappeared, the smoke around Jormungand dissipated to reveal a large hole torn through the side of his face and neck, his scales charred.

Jormungand threw his head back and hissed in pain. "YOOUU WIILL PPAAAYYY! YOOUU WILLL PAAAYY!"

Thor gasped out in surprised as the end of Jormungand's tail shot out of the water and wrapped tightly around him. Jormungand raised Thor in the air and smashed him against the other bridge, breaking it. Then he took Thor up again and over to the buildings by the shore and started to smash him against the buildings there.

Tears fell down my cheeks and I trembled in fear and pain. I didn't want this, I don't want any of this to happen. I had let loose Fenrir and this was what came of it, death.

"Shh... please, don't cry." Loki said softly. He coughed in pain. "Be strong."

I turned my head towards him, the tears streaming down my face. "Loki I'm sorry, this is all my fault-"

"No it's mine." Loki interrupted. "All because of a mistake I made centuries of years ago." He looked at me with his eyes. "Can you come over to me?"

I nodded as I painfully turned around and army crawled over to him.

I gazed sadly over his torn up bloodied body. I put my arm across his chest and buried my face between his neck and shoulder. "You're not going to die are you?" I said, hurt.

"Shhh, no need to talk like that..."Loki said raggedly. He brought his arm that wasn't broken up over and place his hand on my cheek.

I pushed myself up, leaning over him so we could see each other face to face. Loki wiped my cheek free of tears but new ones replaced them.

"My dear queen, I know you are strong." Loki mumbled smiling warmly with a happy yet sad glow in his green eyes."Seeing you crying upsets me. As king I order you to stop."

"Loki..." I sobbed as I put my hand on his cheek. "I...I..." I couldn't finish what I wanted to say as more tears fell.

"You what...?" Loki softly asked as he caressed my cheek.

I could barely say anything more, tears were raining down onto Loki's clothes and some onto his own cheeks.

Loki narrowed his eyes.

He moved his hand from my cheek to the back of my neck and brought me down to him, our faces centimeters away.

"Did you mean to say..."Loki mumbled raggedly. "I love you...?" My eyes widened.

Loki's lips met mine, kissing sweetly and tenderly.

I felt shocked as an excited shiver sped through me. My heart pounded and raced as his lips gingerly and slowly moved against mine. Without thinking I closed my eyes and added my own affection, kissing deeper, wanting more.

Where did this new affection come from? I wondered sub-consciously. My body had acted on it's own and I barely had enough will power to pull back from Loki for only but a moment.

"I love you Loki." I mumbled before bringing my lips back down on his, our mouths moving in sync.

I gasped, drawing back in pain as a headache seized my head mercilessly.

Memories of the past came flooding back into my head:

There was me and Loki along with the Avengers and my friends, hanging out and having a good time. There were those times when me and Loki ran off together and played little tricks on our friends, and there were times Loki stirred up trouble for everyone.

There were also those times when Loki used me as his weapon of destruction, hurting my friends and and myself, but really only hurting himself. There were those times when me and Loki did things together, and Loki starting to fall in love with me.

We were happy together and growing very close, until that one fateful day, when I found out what Loki had done to me. I had turned into a monster of rage and hate, almost killing my friends. Loki and I had a show down where I mercilessly beat him down and nearly killed him.

Before I was able to kill him, he had tied me down with magic and used a powerful spell to knock me out. He then used another powerful spell to lock-up the powers he had created for me and wiped my memory clean of him.

The vision faded out of my sight as the headache vanished.

I stared at Loki's face before me, the tears gone from my face, and him looking back at me.

"I know what to do." I stated.

Loki smiled knowingly.