Chapter 23

I walked down the road from the Bifrost in thought about what Heimdall had said to me before I left the dome.

"Make him happy" I repeated in a whisper. Warmth speed across my cheek as the image of Loki appeared in my head.

"Oh my..." a sooth voice hummed in my ear. I turned to face Loki right besides me smirking as calmly as ever as if I summoned him with my mind. "what has gotten into you I wonder? I return to find you missing and then find you here." he gazed ahead. "You're as troubling as always."

I crossed my arms blushing a bit. "And yet you're not use to it." Loki gave a small laugh at that, grasping my arm gently as he pulled us to a stop.

"Look" My eyes followed to where he pointed to the two moons gleaming brightly in the galaxy night sky, seeming to light up the whole planet with its brilliance. "You've always loved nature like this." Loki whispered as he too gazed at the moons in awe. "I have never came to appreciate such small things before I met you."

We stared at the moons for some time until Loki moved away, I blinked wondering why he did so as I turned to see him kneeling on a single knee on the ground looking down. I froze. Was something wrong?

The rainbow lights glowed softly underneath as Loki as he then gazed up at me, his eyes piercing into mine.

"You're so beautiful against the moonlight. " he said quietly just for me, making my heart skip a beat. He reached out and took my hand, gently grasping it, and gave it gently kiss, then gazed seriously in my eyes.

"My dear love, you are everything to me, and it's about time I put it forward after all this time..." his words made me hold my breath as I realized what was happening. "May I take your hand in marriage and become my wife?"

I stared at Loki my eyes wide feeling a wild burst of feelings within me making my blood pump and breath out the air I was holding. It was as if the stars exploded around me and that the universe sent adrenaline through my veins.

I became so struck with those momentous feelings that I lost my balance, finding myself in Loki's arms. I gazed at him as he waited patiently but anticipated my answer.

"Loki I..." the words stuck in my mouth, almost speechless. "and so suddenly..." He looked a little nervous.

Tears pricked my eyes as I smiled at him. "I couldn't be more happier Loki, I'll gladly let you take my hand in marriage."

Relief and joy filled Loki's eyes. "Ah my love.. " we gazed in each others eyes as we brought our faces closer, then joining our lips into a sweet kiss in the moonlight.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I made the trip back to my home on Earth safely, with Loki accompanying me. I reunited with my old friends, the Avengers, telling them of my regained memory of the past. It seems they have gotten use to Loki after he seemed to mature much more when he became King of Jotunheim.

They all were a bit surprised from hearing I was to be married with Loki, even my sister, as part time avenger, but they didn't complain saying I would keep him in line.

A few weeks later the wedding was arranged and carried out splendidly on Earth, and an Asgardian ceremony taking place in Asgard that night as well, celebrating with a huge feast. It was well past midnight when the festivities started to die down.

Loki took my hand. "I would believe it's about time we've made ourselves disappeared." he murmured softly to me.

I smiled softly. "hm thats one of our specialties isn't it." I murmured back gently. I gazed once more at the gathering feeling levels of joy I have never experienced before. My life had certainly come to a happy end.... well, it's not and end as far as I know, but happy start.

I turned to Loki "lets go."

Without another word, Loki picked me up in his arms. In an instant he had teleported us away where we could be together in our own world.