Chapter 12

"What?" I asked in confusion.

Loki quickly pulled me down to hide behind the ridge we were on. I looked at him questionably as he narrowed his eyes, deep in thought. "Rouges...those frost giants and frost wolves aren't suppose to be there. They must of took over my Palace while I went to retrieve you." Loki glared over the ridge.

I didn't know what to say, I sat there beside him wanting to comfort him, but all that came out was, "Can you take them on?"

Loki looked at me with surprise. "Well... Yes, but I don't know how much are out there, much less how much are inside. It's just bothering me that I don't know who is behind all this, but no matter... I will kill them for spoiling our moment."

There was a noise below in the valley, me and Loki peeped over the ridge to see a pair of frost giants riding a frost beast with a silver chest between them. A pack of six frost wolves surrounded the frost beast, leading the way to Loki's Palace.

"Now look at that." Loki whispered sharply. "There's obviously something valuable in that box." Loki smiled deviously, the cold burn in his eyes making me freeze. "What would happen if I took their prize away?"

"Stay here" Loki said before jumping off the ridge. I was speechless as the enemy stopped when they saw the figure fly through the air and land dramatically onto the way of their path.

A long bladed scepter formed in Loki's hands as he stood up graciously, his green eyes burning menacingly at the frost wolves and giants before him. The intensity sent fear through my veins, I have never experienced someone with so much hate within them.... It almost felt evil.

My mouth felt dry and I tried to swallow. What was wrong with Loki?

The Frost giants looked just as terrified as I felt. Loki steadily walked closer, walking faster with each step until he was running towards them. The rouge frost wolves snarled and ran towards Loki as well. They were only a few feet away from each other when Loki disappeared, the rouges snapping at air.

There was a cry of pain as a frost giant fell off the frost beast, dark blood poring from the stab on his chest. Loki quickly stabbed the neck of the other frost giant and threw him off the startled frost beast. Loki grabbed the silver chest and in a flash of green magic he was gone.

"I got it!" Loki said as he dropped the chest on the snow behind me. I turned around to face him. "What?" he asked.

I blinked realizing I was starring at him like a ghost. I didn't have time to reply when an arrow struck a tree over head, there were voices yelling below where Loki had fought.

"Darn" Loki hissed. "I better finish those rouges off before they get reinforcements." In a flash Loki was gone.

I sat there still in the snow looking blankly at the chest, listening to the fighting going on below. I knew that Loki was mad and that he was blowing off steam by killing. But just seeing him like that made me somewhat weary, maybe because I haven't really seen that side of him.

There was a howl of pain from a rouge frost wolf that made me cringe. I looked over the ridge and saw more frost giants and frost wolves coming out of Loki's Palace. I gasped in despair, how was Loki going to fight them all off? ....then an idea came to my head.

I pulled the chest to me, the beautiful Norse carvings on it gleaming. I flipped the latches and held my breath as I slowly opened the chest.

Inside lay a smooth oval stone that glowed lightly with silver-white light. I stared entranced, a feeling of stillness and peace overwhelming me. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes. I didn't understand why I was crying but I slowly lifted my hand and touched the stone.

BAM!! Snow exploded all around me in a big white flash of magic making me fly through the air. I gasped out when I hit the ground, snow showering all around me.

When I opened my eyes the blurry visions of figures around me stood still. I jumped up when I realized it was frost giants and frost wolves around me, the stone lay on the ground I front of me, it's light pulsing brightly.

I froze in place as rouges looked at me enraged. "Kerry?! What's going on!" Loki cried out, he was met by ferocious growls and snarls.

A familiar dark brown wolf weaved through the other rouges and stood in front of me. "Now if it isn't the One Midgardian... You were brave to come out here."

I swallowed. "Kaztu?" It came out as a squeak. He gave a wolfish grin as his amber eyes blazed at me.

"You remembered my name. Good. Because you will be taken under my care from here on out." Kaztu said smugly, then turned his gaze towards the stone. "But first I must take care of a so called "king". Frost giants, take her to the palace."

I watched as Kaztu took the stone in his mouth, grey magic exploding around him. Kaztu muscles pulsed, his shoulders becoming more broad, making him twice his normal size. Icicle spikes generated from his back and trailed down to his tail. Kaztu eyes gleamed amber and whipped his tail dangerously.

Loki jumped up into the air for a view of what was going on. Surprise caught his face when he saw super-powered Kaztu.

Rough cold hands grabbed onto me, pulling me away. "Loki!" I cried out.

"GIVE HER BACK!" Loki growled pointing his scepter at the frost giants. He let loose a shot of green magic only to be met by Super Kaztu.

"Your life ends here!" Kaztu growled at Loki. Kaztu jumped into the air and instantly collided with Loki.

"No!" Loki cried out, rich blood splattering to the ground.

I tried to pull away from the frost giants, trying to wiggle my arms away. "Let me go!" I cried.

The frost giant grumbled. "Sorry but we won't." Before I could do anything else I was hit on the back of the head and blacked out.